Chapter 11~ A Thing

Never in my existence did I think I could get a guy in my car. Well, now I've got one...in my mum's car.

Luke and my mum were surprisingly getting along very well. My mum was actually laughing. I think it's the end of the world. Luke gave directions whilst chatting to my mother, and I just sat in the backseat next to Luke on my phone. I may be anti-social but, Crazy Taxi was waiting for me.

"Zoe, for crying out loud, get off your phone!" my mum yells from the front seat.

I lock the phone and shove it into my bag. "Did you not hear a word I just said?"

I sigh, "No"

"Well, I've told Luke about that idiot who hit your car, and he has offered to fix it. Say thank you". My eyes widened towards Luke. He was smirking like no tomorrow with lazy risen eyebrows. "Zoe...I can't hear you"

"Thank you" I say with a clenched jaw. He winked with a "no worries" in reply. I am so close to losing it.

Mum parked outside Luke's house, "here you are sweetheart, call Zoe if you need anything. Have a good night" she smiles. Did she just call him sweetheart? And did she just offer my help without my permission? This woman drives me insane sometimes.

"Thanks Mrs Williams, you have a good night. Drive home safely. See you soon Zoe" he smiles a genuine smile. It wasn't for show or anything, it was just pure beauty. I mean...uh, what kind of person has a cute smile?

Oh shit.

"Um, yeah se-e you s-soon". Why am I stuttering?! Get a grip Zoe!

The car door was shut and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "What a lovely boy" my mum comments.

Oops, forgot she was there. "Yeah sure..."

"He's cute" she draws out, signalling me something.

"Mum! What the heck? Are you serious? Just stop talking please"

She lets out a chuckle with a shake of the head. How embarrassing.

The next day at school went by pretty fast. I told Amelia the story of 'Zoe, Luke and the Taxi'.

"Aw, I love your mum she is the greatest" she beams while eating her chicken wrap. "What would you and Luke's ship name be? Loe or Zuke? Your choice".

I gave her the 'please shut up' kind of look and she received the message by zipping her mouth and eating her wrap. "Do you have work tonight?" she asks.

"No" I reply with a shake of the head.

"Well...in that case, you want to go shopping?" she asks with a glint of hope.

"Sure. Dinner as well?"

"You know the go" she smiles.

That afternoon we both stopped at my house to freshen up and change out of these uncomfortable uniforms. I lent her a pair of denim jeans with a white top and my converses whilst I popped on a black t-shirt dress and some boots. Comfort is key. I swung my bag on my right shoulder, grabbed my keys and headed straight out the door to my car.

"Amelia, please change the song, you know I hate it!"

"No, my phone is plugged into the AUX cord...so I get to pick the song" she argues back.

"Well, it's my car so I get priority" I fire back.

She gives me a bored look and stays like that for a minute. I look back and forth from the road to her facial expression. "Why are you looking at me like that? You know I'm right".