Chapter 5~ Common Sense

It was just my luck that the guy who put a dent in my car that was deeper than the Pacific Ocean, was the guy I was now working with. Oh the joy.

He stared at me shocked with wide eyes not knowing what to say.

"What on God's earth are you doing here?" I shout, but not too loud for the rest of the staff to hear.

"Nice dress" he comments, ignoring my question. I cross my arms over my chest and shoot him the deadliest glare until he sighed and then responded. "I'm here to earn money. What else? Plus I have a car that I owe money to" he says sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes in response. "And who's fault is that?".

A huge smirk was smeared onto his face, "Well, it-"

I cut him off by saying, "it was a rhetorical question, dumbass".

"Right" he simply answered whilst tightening the tie onto his uniform. I must say he did look quite fine. But that didn't change the first impressions he had.

He is a car smashing, smirk pulling, mighty fine little motherfucker.

And I barely know him.

"The other night, you said you didn't have a job" I softly say while smoothing down the candy striped dress.

He grabs a two-way from the shelf and a cinema timings schedule. He nodded in agreement and said, "well yeah, but I have a few things to pay for and now your car, so I applied".

I instantly felt bad about pushing for the repairs of my car. "Right, well just take your time paying me back. I know the parts for the car don't exactly come from the Dollar Shop".

He laughed to himself while turning to grab his vest but just enough time for me to see a heavenly grin.

Ok Zoe, stop drooling.

"Zoe, by the way" I say, remembering that we never exchanged names. However, he just looked at me as if I was math homework. Boring and stupid. "Ok then, I better go do my job". With that I awkwardly turned around and entered the vibrant candy bar. No sessions were on till another hour which gave me time to teach Vanessa to use the register.

"So the bright green with a 'P' means small popcorn and the dark green with a 'P' means large popcorn. So what does the plain green with a 'P' mean?".

"Medium popcorn".

This training shit was honestly torture. Vanessa is a lovely girl and all but I must say that she's not that bright. I don't think she was given her sixth sense. Common Sense.

As the night passed, sales were made, popcorn was buttered and the staff grew tired. As I was teaching Vanessa how to close the candy bar, Jack passes by with massive, black garbage bags hanging from his shoulders and Mr. Douche following.

I walk over to our café where Harrison was closing the coffee area with Natalie. She was around the age of twenty-three with gorgeous strawberry blonde hair, green eyes which specked with a little brown and a gorgeous smile.

"How was the candy bar tonight?" Harrison asks while washing up.

I pick up a few dishes and helped out, "Alright, I'm more tired than usual though".

"Probably because Miss Fifty Shades of Green wouldn't stop asking you stupid questions". I burst out laughing at the horrible, utter truth.

"Just remember Harrison..." I say while opening the door to exit, "we've all been in the same position".

"Yeah but at least when I first started, I knew what the 'Concessions' tab meant" he fires back. I giggled under my breath and shook my head while stumbling back to the office to clock off. Just as I was about to leave, Jack walked in to also clock off, "Waddup Zo Zo" he greets.