Chapter 6~ Agent 007

If there is one perk us cinema workers get, it's cheaper tickets. So, why on earth is this being ripped from us due to a few new releases and someone not cleaning the back area properly? Well, the answer is simple...

A grumpy, idiotic new manager.

Katerina did seem stressed all the time and we all knew she was getting tired of doing the same thing everyday. Who could blame her? However, a warning would've been nice.

I narrowed my eyes at our new manager. "Where's Katerina?"

"She quit" he simply says while rustling through loose sheets of paper. At least be a little more organised.

"Well, I've never had a problem getting staff passes before. Weather it's Katerina or any other duty manager, they've never said 'no' due to whatever excuses you just gave me". You may think that I should be nice to my new manager, but I honestly don't care anymore. Plus, he didn't really give off a good first impression. And the mess on his desk was making me twitch.

"Who is the manager here? Me or you? Oh, that's right...me" he points sarcastically to himself, "and I said 'NO' to staff passes. This is your first warning, leave my office".

I scoffed and began to walk away, but not before saying, "Head Office is always watching and if they see or even hear that an experienced worker is being bullied, especially if she is underage, then that manager can kiss his sucky job goodbye. Oh and I'm not in uniform or on shift, so your warning can be disposed". As I began to walk to the door, Luke was leaning against it with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Very impressive" he slowly says while looking at me up and down not giving one single care in the world.

"What's so impressive exactly?" I ask nonchalantly while also crossing my arms over my chest. Then I realised, when I do cross my arms, it acts like a push up bra. Meaning, I've just made a fool of myself in front of this smart ass.

He smirks, realizing that he has basically won this argument. "Your aggression is so cute. You really think you're going to beat a manger?"

"Don't you have something better to do other than annoying me?" I say in an irritated tone.

"Aw" he says sarcastically, "don't grow such a head. You really thought I was putting any effort to annoy you? Oh please" he scoffs.

Bitch.

I roll my eyes and push past him to leave and get to Amelia.

"Finally! I thought you had drowned in popcorn or something" Amelia sighs. "Got the passes?"

"No, let's just go somewhere else" I say with a clenched jaw. Not only did I have an annoying manager, who has clearly been pissed off by me, but I have a self-centred jerk as a work colleague. Oh the joy.

Amelia frowns at my response and just shoves a liquorice stick into her mouth. As we walk to the exit, Harrison and Jack walk down the opposite direction with Big Macs in their hands.

"Hey, Zoe!" but once they saw the emotion on my face, they retreated. "Are...you alright?" Jack says slowly, as if I was about to take his Big Mac and throw it away.

"I'm fine".

I told them I wasn't working for another week, thank god. We said our goodbyes but not before taking the milkshake from Harrison's arm and slurping it.

"I hate you"

"Love you too"

Amelia and I decided take out and going to a contemporary arts museum were good plans for a Saturday night.