Spiritual Networking - Epilogue

Epilogue

It was a crisp clear autumn day as Millie and Alexis stood in a different church in opposite positions than they had only four months earlier. Today, Millie was pledging her love to Paul in a ceremony that would be viewed around the world.

Paul’s Virtual Bible Study group had grown over the past few months and they now had members in Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and South America not to mention the new members they had across North America as well.

Knowing the wedding was approaching, someone asked if they would stream it so that others can see and witness the love that God had brought together on the Internet.

Friends and family also joined in on the ceremony. Sydney sang Love of My Life to the couple as they lit the unity candle at the alter. Even though their relationship started on rocky ground, Sydney had become such a close friend and confidant of Millie’s over the past few months. She couldn’t imagine a better friend.

Alexis stood strong by her side as any sister would. And even Millie’s parents became accepting of her relationship with Paul. Especially after the incident at Alexis’ wedding, her father apologized for not standing up for her years ago. He rededicated himself to Christ and has been more loving and encouraging in the past few months. Mary, although she has always been somewhat supportive, was what Millie thought as ‘a work in progress’. One night weeks ago, she told Paul, “She is what she is. A Southern Belle trying to do what is best for her children. Or at least what she thinks is best.” And it was still true.

Millie had won many battles over the wedding. Most of them were hard fought. But with courage, determination, and giving her mother a few small battles here and there, Millie’s day was special to her and Paul, just as they had planned it.

The gazebo they now stood in on the stage of the church was perfect. Trees were around them, serving as a backdrop, showing the fall colors. There were candelabras and candle stands all around making the church look very romantic. If Millie did not know better, she would have thought they were getting married outside rather than in the comforts of the church.

Paul had kept he honeymoon location a secret, not telling her anything until the last minute. For months he joked around that they were going to Silicon Valley in California since that was the technology capital of the world. But, she knew he was joking. Last night, knowing he could not keep the secret any longer, he told her that they were going to the mountains to a cabin his parents owned. Although it had electricity and running water, there were no computers, tv or anything else that might distract them from spending time with each other for two whole weeks.

She was amazed. She wasn’t sure if she could stay away from a computer for that long, but she was willing to try, with Paul by her side.

------------------------------

A/N And another story comes to an end! Thank you for taking the journey with me. I think this story has been very near and dear to my heart for several reasons. I almost cried shutting the document that has been open non-stop on my computer for over a month now!!

I want to thank HMMcGhee, SteveF and EvaLau for giving me suggestions and keeping me on track along the way. You guys are the best!!

If you liked these characters, the story continues. Read what happens to Sydney and Millie's cousin Austin who meet at the wedding. Don't worry, you will have Millie, Paul, Alexis and Charlie plus some new characters to fall in love with. Just click on my profile and look for SONG OF HOPE - I hope you enjoy!

Happy Reading,

Anita aka Goldie68