"Who are you, by the way?" He asked.

"Kim Taehyung." Taehyung answered. "...Wh-who are you?" He hadn't meant to stutter, but part of him wondered if this was Jimin's friend, if he already knew about Taehyung and was going to say something about how he was crazy, how he shouldn't be answering the door, how he'd killed his father. Anything, something, it didn't matter, Taehyung was waiting for hate, for insults.

"Oh, I'm Jeon Jung--."

"Kookie!" Jimin said, bypassing Taehyung and throwing the door open. Taehyung backed away. Taehyung had never seen Jimin smile quite as wide as he did then.

Then the guy outside was pulled inside and into a hug. "Hyung! Dear god, you saw me Friday, remember Friday? That was only two days ago." He sighed, hugging Jimin back anyway.

Taehyung felt out of place, so he backed toward the kitchen through the swinging doors.

So that was Cookie. He watched Marshmallow speed past him out of the kitchen to go greet the visitor. He seemed nice. He was one of the people Jimin went to school with, one of the people Taehyung would end up going to school with, but he realized how scared he was of someone calling him crazy, how much it hurt like a knife twisting in his stomach.

Taehyung couldn't take the pain.

"What are you doing?"

Taehyung looked up to find Jimin standing the kitchen doorway. He seemed to have a knack for showing up and surprising Taehyung out of his thoughts.

Jimin went over to him and grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the kitchen and back into the living room, where 'Cookie' was sitting on the couch, looking through a textbook.

Jimin pushed Taehyung to the couch. "You have to learn this too."

Taehyung nodded slowly. He would have to, but...

"Taehyung?" It was that 'Cookie' guy who said it, looking right at him, "I didn't get to finish earlier, I'm Jeon Jungkook by the way." He smiled, his smile gummy and hard not to take sincerely.

Jungkook. His name felt familiar, Taehyung couldn't place why. His face wasn't familiar, why did he seem to know his name? He frowned, trying to remember where he had heard the name before. Jimin hadn't said it, he'd only called him Kookie. Mrs. Park Hadn't said it, Kyung-mi hadn't said it. Where did he know Jungkook from?

"Tae's going to school with us Tuesday." Jimin said, sitting down on the couch between Taehyung and Jungkook.

"Yeah?" Jungkook leaned forward to look at Taehyung again. "How old are you?"

Taehyung blinked. Having sat there only really thinking of why Jungkook was so familiar to him. "Eighteen."

"Damn it, youngest again!" Jungkook said, smiling. "I'm sixteen. Just a grade or two ahe--Are you okay?"

Jimin and Jungkook both stared at Taehyung. He did feel a little sick, but he didn't think it was that obvious. This usually happened after he took those pills, they'd make him extremely calm, and then coming out of it, it made him queasy. Whatever trace amounts were even still left in his blood after all that seemed to be enough.

Taehyung nodded, putting a hand to his head as a headache started.

"Do you need an aspirin or something?" Jimin asked, rubbing Taehyung's shoulder.

"I...Yeah...Okay..." He said, with a small nod.

Jimin got up and went in the kitchen, probably to go get it. And Taehyung was left alone with Jungkook. Please don't say anything mean, please don't, I don't want you to hate me too.

"So, Taehyung..."Jungkook started, and Taehyung's heart froze, waiting for what he'd always heard, waiting for the knife to twist. "Are you staying here? Like living here?"

Taehyung looked up at Jungkook and blinked. "Huh?" his mouth hanging open. He hadn't meant to say it out loud, but it was out now, and there was no way to take the noise he'd made back. Please don't think I'm crazy, please.

"Did Mrs. Park adopt you or something?" Jungkook asked. "I know, that's sensitive probably, but Jimin always wanted a brother, and you're his age, and he said Friday they were going to someplace to pick someone up. Kind of fits."

Taehyung licked his lips. Adopt me? Jimin wanted a brother? He hadn't told him where they'd 'picked' me up from? Taehyung couldn't speak for a second, his tongue not even close to forming words. When he could speak, all he said was, "...A-adopt?"

Jungkook's eyes widened. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say you look like a kid who would--Just that given all that and...Knowing Mrs. Park. But I would think that Jimin would have mentioned you by now, since he never shuts up. So how long have you been staying over?"

Taehyung's mouth never seemed so dry. "Since Friday..." his voice came out almost a whisper. He didn't understand. He was just a job, right? He shouldn't get his hopes up, or even try to think like that. But that word Adopt had made him uneasy and nervous. It always did. Years of sitting in an orphanage watching every other kid find a family did that.

"Okay. I was right then, you are the guy they picked up." Jungkook looked him up and down. "I'm confused."

Taehyung was confused too. It can't be, they wouldn't, that can't be it, I'm just a job, that's it. It can't be that. I shouldn't even think that it might be.

But then, he couldn't help it, it was all he wanted all his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Japanese for "The End of the World"

A/N: If I divided the story into parts, the next chapter would be the beginning of Part 2~  Huh...Maybe I should name these fictional 'Parts' that I have in my head :3

But anyway~ JEON JUNGKOOKIEEEEE~! He's a smartie here, two grades ahead, and of course, still the maknae xD

Aaaand, I've now thrown Japanese at you in a fanfic about Korean boys >.> Actually, I like J-pop too so~ And Sekai no Owari (Music group) <3 Which literally means "The end of the world" So Taehyung's shirt was some obscure reference that you might not have gotten :D Fukase (The lead singer) is cute also :3

ON A FURTHER NOTE (Long af A/N, I know) I'm dedicating this to BTSeagull For being the first person I actually talked to on here (Because I was entirely prepared to keep quiet and to myself) and also for encouraging me to write a fanfic, because I wasn't going to do that either~ Also, Christina, since you love Jungkook I figured I'd wait until I wrote something with him to dedicate something to you~ ilysm <33 WHEN YOU READ THIS, WE NEED TO TALK ^-^

~Neri needs to stop staring at Jungkook and Taehyung's eyes >.>