"I...I'm sorry..." Taehyung started. Bowing, before putting the toothbrush away.

Jimin looked him up and down. "He-e-e-ey, you're wearing what I picked out!" He said, smiling big, obviously proud of himself. "You look good, man," Then he punched Taehyung's shoulder lightly. "You slept forever, you bum."

"I did?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah, it's 10 already, mom already left for work, Kookie will be here in like twenty minutes."

Cookie? That can't be his name, can it? "Oh..." Taehyung said, then Jimin pushed him out of the bathroom before he could say anything else.

He stood in the hallway for a minute after Jimin shut the door. Jimin was probably used to people like Taehyung, it's probably why he was so used to him already, why he didn't seem to be scared, or treat him like there was something wrong with him. He was a psychiatrist's son, he's probably been in a billion and one mental hospitals, probably met a lot of people who couldn't think straight, and needed help.

This person--Cookie or whatever his name was--probably wasn't like that, he'd probably have a set amount of thoughts already about Taehyung and treat him like everyone else did.

Taehyung smiled sadly to himself. "Maybe I should just stay out of the way..." Then he went back into his room and picked up Marshmallow.

The poodle had still been sleeping until Taehyung lifted him up, and when Marsh woke up, he just squirmed for a bit before settling in Taehyung's arms, already basically asleep.

He brought the poodle out of the room and down the hall, glancing at Kyung-mi's closed bedroom door before continuing to the stairs. Jimin and his friend would probably study in Jimin's room or the living room, if he wanted to stay out of the way, he could probably just sit in the kitchen or go back to the laundry room.

'Stay out of the way'--I'm hiding. I don't want to be rejected again. He couldn't take anymore harsh words, not from anyone, not right now, Kyung-mi's still hurt too much.

Taehyung walked backwards through the kitchen's swinging doors, and Marshmallow hopped from his arms to go to his dog bowl, crouching on kibble and lapping at water. Taehyung laughed at how much the dog's tail wagged just eating food. Then went to the fruit bowl set in the middle of that table and took a bright red apple.

He could see why the dog was excited, food tasted good, even if his throat didn't quite feel right still, the apple was juicy and sweet, and it left his mouth sticky.

After Taehyung was done with the apple, all that was left of it being the core, he picked up a banana, about to peel it when he heard a chime.

The doorbell. Someone was ringing the doorbell. It couldn't have been twenty minutes already, could it?

Taehyung put the banana back, then peeked out the kitchen door, waiting to see if Jimin would answer it. He didn't. No one came down the stairs, and the doorbell kept ringing, being pressed over and over. The house was still, Taehyung didn't hear anybody coming. Except Marshmallow who was standing at Taehyung's feet, looking up at him and wagging his short tail.

I could answer the door. Taehyung went into the living room, staring at the front door. This is stupid, it's just a door, it's just a person.

He went up to the door and unlocked it, then twisted the knob and slowly opened the door a crack, peeking outside from behind it. "Hello?" Taehyung asked.

The guy outside smiled. "Hey--Hello, what's up?" He said.

He had big innocent looking eyes, but a jawline that spoke otherwise, while his face in general had a youthful appearance, his hair a dark red and short, styled with his bangs covering his forehead and most of his eyebrows. He wore black jeans and a plain red tee-shirt, a backpack on his back, on his feet were tan Timberlands.