12

"Honestly, I've never fit in with the world. I was always alone. It's been a long time since I've forgotten about love. I can't listen to hopeful love songs anymore..."

~Loser-BigBang

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cookie? What was a cookie? He couldn't mean like the food, could he? Taehyung thought of it all that night after the movie was done and he headed back to his room to lay down. The yelling had stopped, so he was just left with the eerie silence after the storm.

Taehyung had come back to his room to find Marshmallow scratching at his door, so he'd let the poodle in, and the soft, warm little dog had curled up next to him and fell asleep instantly almost. And the dog's warmth eventually put him to sleep, but he couldn't help wondering what Jimin meant.

Cookie, Cookie, Cookie, what could he mean by cookie? Maybe Taehyung should have asked, it would have been easier then letting the question go around in his head all night while he slept.

When he woke up it was the first thing he thought about, then he thought about what the person Jimin was inviting over would be like. Will he think I'm crazy too? Wouldn't that be the first thing that anyone told him as soon as he walked in? Jimin wouldn't just not tell him, he'd tell him, if he hadn't already. Whoever it was that was coming over was going to view him as crazy.

It made him nervous. He didn't want someone to come over and call him crazy, not again. He never wanted to hear that word again.

Taehyung got out of the bed, leaving the sleepy poodle in the bed. He went over to the closet, looking through the clothes, if someone was coming over, he figured he shouldn't be in his pajamas, since Jimin never mentioned when his friend was coming over.

He studied every article of clothes. I should just throw something on, it's not like he's not going to know I'm 'crazy'. Taehyung eventually just threw on a black printed tee-shirt that had '世界の終わり'* printed on it in bold white letters and a pair of dark blue jeans. Both of which, Jimin had picked out.

Taehyung then headed to the bathroom. Seeing himself in the mirror, he frowned. His hair was messy, he definitely had a bedhead, and he still looked tired and sad like the last time he'd looked in the mirror. There was nothing he could do about the tiredness, but he ran his hands through his hair and tried to find a parting line. Really, with his fringe, right over his eyebrows, there wasn't much he could do to it.

He stared at himself in the mirror as he brushed his teeth. Act normal, Taehyung, just act normal.

Immediately, memories of being strapped to a bed for a whole day came to his mind, being trapped in a white damn padded room restrained to a bed, the door locked, by himself, screaming his lungs out for someone to undo the harshly tightened buckles and straps that kept him tied down. Screaming until the next day when some calm nurse would come in and undo the restraints, smiling at him while his face was stained with tears and his voice hoarse. 'Are you ready to be a good boy, now?' They'd ask, their voice fake sugar and honey.

Was being a good boy never smiling? Never laughing?

That was what he got when he didn't act normal, when he acted like himself, because no one liked him when he was himself.

Even Jimin hadn't seen how he really was, what would he think of him then? What would he say?

"Tae, you're hogging the bathroom."

Jimin's voice surprised him. Taehyung looked over to find him standing in the doorway, already dressed and everything, though he wasn't wearing a snapback today.