eleven

"luke, you and your friend better go to sleep, me and your dad have work early tomorrow." his mum yawns in her stained dressing gown, standing in luke's doorway. yellow light leaks through into the bedroom, illuminating the two boy's faces as they nod to her.

"we will, mum." luke lies and she nods and wishes them goodnight before closing the door and making the room extremely dark, pitch black at a stretch. luke clicks on a lamp and it lights up the bedroom in a bright blue contrast and luke stands up.

"what do you wanna play, halo, fall out, grand theft auto?" luke offers him and michael looks up from his bed.

"but... your mum said that we should go to sleep..." michael trails off and luke chuckles, crawling across his bed and sitting opposite him.

"have you ever been to a sleepover?" luke giggles and taps michael's nose.

"n-no, i wasn't very popular when i was younger." michael speaks quietly, so as not to disturb luke's parents. luke pauses and looks at michael in confusion and indifference.

"well, what happens is you stay up till like five am and eat a load of food and watch shitty documentaries and shows, and if you're with a partner then there's a lot of sex." luke explains to him and michael nods.

"have you got this food you speak of?" michael questions and luke nods, crawling beneath his bed.

"be careful, you might get stuck." michael warns him cautiously and luke slides out with a few boxes and smirks.

"i'm fine, don't worry, i only got stuck before this thing happened." luke tells him mysteriously and opens a box, showing a collection of foods from all around the world.

"it's a subscribers box, monthly i get food from different countries." luke explains and hands michael a pink box from the package.

"eat these, they're good, and drink this." he hums and gives him a green bottle.

"thanks, i guess." michael says slowly, opening the pink container.

"anyway, i'm gonna play grand theft auto, wanna join or what?" luke asks for the final time and michael nods. a controller is thrown in his lap and he picks it up and luke shuffles over to him absentmindedly, gazing at his television still.

"sorry, i'm just a bit cold." he hums and michael nods, wrapping an arm around him. after about half an hour of gameplay, luke gets a little bored and traces his fingers along michael's beard outline. michael looks down at him with a smirk and luke blushes, removing his finger with wide eyes.

"it's fine, don't worry." michael chuckles, pausing the game. a whirring starts with the lack of buzz from the tv and luke sits up and looks into michael's eyes, who's body is turned to the television.

"can i, can i kiss you?" he wonders aloud and michael nods slowly. just as they edge in and michael's hot breath crawls against luke's lips and luke's head tilts, the door cracks open. the two jump away from each other in shock, expecting a parent but only seeing a persian cat rubbing against the door.

"sorry about that." luke grins awkwardly, ruffling his hair and michael shrugs.

"it's okay." he speaks, putting an arm back around the blonde boy.