Chapter 16

Hello YaoiKnight! ;) SeruSenpai here, the commander in chief of YaoiArmy. Thank you for reading my story and it makes me happy that you manage to get this far :D Please vote, rate, follow and comment. It motivates me to write more 

_________________

I finished swim practice and I noticed that Asami was being hostile towards me. I wondered what was up with him. He probably was having a bad day. He was mostly indifferent towards everyone. Even so, I tried to be kind and friendly to him. All my efforts were futile though. He didn't care about me at all or even bother to at least get to know me even as a friend. I think it's time to end my hunt for Asami. If I continue further, I'll just get hurt.

I almost forgot that Aki was waiting for me. I already see him standing in front of the gym. He looks serious. I'm getting scared and anxious.

Haru: Hi Aki--

Aki: -grabs Haru's arm and drags him to the rooftop-

Haru: -pants- Hey, what the heck are you doing?! What is...-pants-...this about?

Aki: -pants- I just want to make...sure we're alone...-pants-

Haru: -breaths heavily-

Aki: Hold on -pants- let me catch my breath.

Haru: We could have walked, you know...We didn't really have to run up here...

Aki: Well, uh, I just couldn't wait any longer...

Haru: What is it? Tell me...I'm your friend right?

Aki: Just a friend? -laughs- Am I just really a friend to you?

Haru: Well, a good friend...

Aki: Okay, Haru. I'm going to give it to you straight to the point. You might hate me for this but...I just can't take it anymore. -serious-

Haru: What is...it? -anxious-

Aki: I just wanted to say that...I really like you. I REALLY LIKE YOU, Haru. -pauses- I can't keep my feelings to myself any longer. I really like you, Haru...-pauses- that feels so good. I feel so much better now.

Haru: Wha--t?! Um...ah...I don--

Aki: I know this is disgusting. I mean, a guy confessing his feelings to you but please hear me out. I like you from the very beginning. It's cheesy, I know. It was love at first sight--but this stupid Usagi was always monopolizing you all the time. I couldn't really make a move because Asami was always with me too. This was my chance to tell you my feelings. -pauses- You don't have to answer right away...

Haru: Um...Aki...I really appreciate your feelings for me and I value our friendship. You helped me a lot and you saved me from every dangerous situation I was in. But right now, I just want to tell you that...I'm really sorry to break this to you...but...but...but...you're not my type. -hesitant-

Aki: But...why?! What's wrong with me?! Tell me...I can change for you.

Haru: You're a princely type like Usagi. I'm not attracted to him at all too. There is nothing wrong with you. Actually, you're perfect. You are the type of guy I want to be. It's just that...you're not my type...And also, I'm a seme. I'm assuming...you're a seme too, right?

Aki: I see...-tears up a bit- wait...-pauses- What's a seme?

Haru: Ugh, -whispers on the side- This is why I hate straight guys...

Aki: What?

Haru: A seme is the guy in the relationship. He assumes the male role during sexy times...

Aki: What?! I still don't get it... -clueless-

Haru: -takes out a piece of paper and draws a stick figure diagram- here, this is the seme. -points-

Aki: Um...okay... -acts desperate- ...I'll assume the girl role for you then! But only for you...if you just accept me...

Haru: -surprised and baffled- You don't even know what entails to be the girl in this type of relationship.

Aki: I'll do whatever it takes. I will do anything for you...just give me a chance. -acts desperate-

Haru: No, Aki. I don't think it's gonna work out like that...

Aki: Then... -pauses- I still want to be your friend and protect you no matter what. If I can't have you in that way, at least let me be a good friend to you...

Haru: -pauses- Um...I guess...It's fine...We can still be friends...

Aki: Um...Can I hug you?

Haru: Sure...-hugs Aki- I really value our friendship...so...I hope this doesn't change anything between us...

Aki: It's hard, you know?...I like you a lot...a lot...but if that's what you want...I'll do just that.

Haru: Oh shoot, I forgot my bag in my locker. I need to go.

Aki: I'll go with you.

Haru: It's fine...I can do it myself. Also, I need space to think things through...Bye.

Aki: Ah, okay...if that's what you want...text me or call me if you need anything...Good bye... -tears up-

I feel so bad for Aki. He helped me so much and all he wanted was...me. I just couldn't make myself to like him in that way. Sure, he's good looking, athletic and kind--the total prince package. Anyone would fall for that--except for me. What did he even see in me?

I was pretty sure he was straight. Since this is an all boys school, I don't know if it can be an excuse to get attracted to another guy. Why me out of all people? Asami is already all over him...

It got even weirder that he even suggested to be an uke for me--I mean, just for me. He probably didn't know how much it would hurt. He acted desperate and pathetic. I almost gave in. I was mentally weak and I felt so bad for him. I knew that I said that I wanted to be a good friend. I just couldn't give myself to him just to make him happy. If I did that, I would be forsaking my own happiness.

Rejection sucks and rejecting sucks even more. Aki is such a nice guy and I want him to happy. I really feel bad for him because I know what it feels like to be rejected.

But what If I said yes to him...he is good looking and willing to be an uke...nah, I don't think so. He was not my type...but he looked cute when he was about to cry. He was the first guy to ever confess to me and I almost said yes. Either way, I made someone sad today. I didn't really mean to--but I did anyway.

I value my friendship with Aki. How will I face him later on after learning his feelings for me?

Ugh!

Life is complicated.