Chapter 45 - Barcelona!

Start from the beginning

“Ayaw ko mag-wake up. I don’t wanna wake up.” He mumbled and covered his eyes with his hands.

“Christian, race na ni Blake later. We need to prepare na.”

“Ayaw ko kasi eh. Tomorrow nalang…” I tried persuading him but he seems so tired that he didn’t want to really wake up  and started crying. “Tomorrow nalang…”

This was his only downside, having tantrums when he doesn’t get enough sleep. “Shhh… Ian… Sige na, wake up na. Stop crying.”

Instead of stopping, he cried even more. What surprised me was when Blake spoke to him and he immediately stop. For years, I couldn’t do that successfully. I needed to reason out why Ian should wake at that exact time and when I give him a good reason, that’s the only time he’ll stop crying.

“We’ll wait for you outside.” Blake kissed my cheek before he and Ian went outside the room.

I stared myself at the mirror and surprised to see that I’m so pale. I just disregarded it and  just pulled my hair up in a bun and did my morning rituals. Afterall, I just recovered from being sick. Baka yun lang yun.

I checked my phone for the nth time to see no texts or calls from Daniel. I’ve been leaving voice messages and texts in his phone since he left for New York. Hindi ko tuloy maalis sa isip ko na maybe something happened.

Taking another deep breath, I decided to dial his phone again. A few rings then it went into voice mail again. “Hey, Daniel, it’s me. Why aren’t you answering any of my calls or texts? Kelan ka ba babalik? Ian misses you… uhhhmmm… I miss you. Just call me back when you get this okay? Bye.”

Maybe he saw issues about me and Blake getting back together. Pero hindi naman siguro. He wouldn’t skip into conclusions. I’m sure I’d be getting a call from him if he sees those. Maybe he’s just busy.

**

“Mommy! Take a picture of me here oh! In Blake’s car! Bilis!” Ian ran beside the car and flashed his smile. Taking a picture of him, Blake stayed behind me and placed a chaste kiss in my nape.

After showing us around, Blake left us to change into his NASCAR uniform. Ian and I stayed in the lounge and watched some of the racers go by. Others would smile and nod at me politely while others would just pass by without acknowledging anyone.

“Ian, kukuha lang ako ng coffee. Just stay here. May gusto ka ba?” He nodded no. I went to the buffet table at the center of the room and helped myself in making coffee.

Taking a sip of coffee, I scanned the room. Modern interiors with glass walls that overlook the race course for this afternoon, monochrome colored couches, modernized chandeliers, and an ice sculpture of a car in the center of the buffet table.