Chapter 32

Can I just say I'm sorry for being gone for so long. I either got lazy, or became busy with school. It's my senior year and all the work piles up like nobodies business, I swear! I hate it, but whatever... 

Anyway, I'm trying to get back to Wattpad and I hope y'all will continue to rock with me like I rock with y'all.~

 ☠Rayan's POV☠

There was some party going on tonight, and guess who has to be there? In all honesty, I don't want to go, I just wanted to stay at Keith's house and play xbox. But I really don't have a choice, Khalil's taking us; me, Keith, Lonnie, Maco and Aleem. If I back out, they'll probably think I'm being disloyal. But deep down, every time they make us all link up, shit goes down, shots get fired (literally) and the parties always end with the police knocking on the doors.

On the ride there, we passed a blunt back and forth. Not only was this calming my nerves, but I don't trust the weed at these types of parties. Shit could be laced and U.O.E.N.O.

"Alright, get out the car." Khalil monotoned. We did as he said, heading for the most crowded lawn on the block. I shook off my bad feeling and acted as if nothing was wrong, mostly because nobody else was.

We got to the lawn, said what's up to the females and gave dap to the guys. They all had a heavy ass stench of alcohol and loud. The inside was worse because it was hot and crowded. I checked my surroundings, watching and making sure nothing pops off. Instead of actually being here to enjoy ourselves, we have to meet the Boss. No one told us why.

We walked into this room in the basement where people were talking and drinking. It was hard to see or even think straight because of the cloud smoke combined with the bass line. To make it more awkward, everyone was staring in our direction, almost like they knew about what happened earlier.

"Search 'em." A familiar voice was heard.

Soon enough, some dude walked up on us and started patting us down.

"All clear." He croaked.

The Boss stood from where he was seated and blew smoke from his lips. He nodded in Khalil's direction and the atmosphere became a little calmer.

"Bout time you showed up." He gave Khalil a man hug.

"You know I had to pick up the Cosby kids."

They shared a laugh, before Khalil took his seat between some females. Someone passed him a cup, and he made himself at home. Meanwhile, Maco, Lonnie, Aleem, Keith and I were standing like dumb deer in headlights. What's going on?

"Y'all relax, it's a party. Hit this blunt one time..." Boss handed Keith his joint, and everyone took a breath of relief. Apparently this was just a social gathering...

I was about to go off to get a drink when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Aye, let me holla at you right quick.."

Oh shit.

I was led to a smaller room that also led outside. We stopped right at the porch lights. It was there I was able to get a better look at him; he was definitely older than everybody else in that room. He also had some shady aura about him that was throwing me off.

"First time you ever saw a nigga die?"

I was confused.

"What?"

"Earlier, when Khalil shot them niggas from the seven eleven. Betcha never seen a nigga get shot before."

"I have."