Chapter 15

❃Max's POV❃

I woke up feeling Ray's fingers play with my curls. It was probably the third best feeling, right after his lips against mine first and the way he makes love second. It was crazy how my body reacted to every touch made by him. I thought I was going to jump out my skin.

"Good morning, baby." His groggy, raspy morning voice sent chills up my spine.

I turned my head over in his direction.

"Good morning."

My legs felt weak and it hurt to move but this was a good type of pain. Last night was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. I didn't have to worry about who's sneaking in & out of my house, where my kids were or what's possibly going to happen tomorrow. Instead, I was able to let go and spend time with my loving husband.

"What time is it?"

"I don't know, I left my phone in the house."

There was a slight pause, as I contemplated how I should approach the subject of what was supposed to happen next between us. Even though he told me he has to serve a two month parole here in D.C., I really wanted him to be home for the holidays. I had something special planned, for everybody, and I want him to be there.

Call me selfish, but I won't care.

Even so, I was looking forward to laying here for the rest of the morning. Feeling his breath on my neck was comforting to me, and was lulling me back to sleep, while he moved his hand from my hair to my lower back. I tried to hide my smile cause he knows I'm ticklish, and I didn't want to scream or make any noise. I shouldn't even be here...

"I want a quickie...."

"You want a what?" I heard him, but I wasn't sure if my body was ready for another round. Plus, I really wanted to get back inside before anybody noticed I was gone.

He didn't answer me back, he just started rubbing on my butt, making me laugh uncontrollably. He even licked his lips, seducing me. I was caving in, letting him place soft kisses on my neck and my shoulder and my back. Half of me wanted him to stop and the other half wanted to buck at the knees. However, the decision was made for me when Keisha started knocking on the door. My heart skipped as beat, as I tried to keep silent and prayed she didn't walk in on us.

"Ray, I need you to get up and get dressed. I need you to run to the store for me."

Ray just looked at me, not removing his hand from my ass.

"Did you hear me?"

"Okay ma..."

There was a short pause, and I thought she left. I took in a breath of relief, pushing Ray off me. I felt like some teenager, sneaking around in my man's parent's house, wondering how I'm supposed to get home without anybody knowing about it. Of course, Ray was no help, he thought this whole thing was hilarious.

"Oh, and good morning Max."

My mouth flew open in shock. How did she know I was in here?! I felt so embarrassed, my cheeks started burning.

"It's not funny."

Ray was laughing his ass off, making me feel bad. I hit him, before hurrying to redress myself.

"I'm sorry, but you acting like my mother wasn't gonna notice."

I rolled my eyes, pulling my pants up.

"Don't you have to go to the store?"

He stood up and grabbed his clothes, placing them back on one by one.