Chapter 30

❃Max's POV❃

Ray and Darnell had been gone for hours again. I stayed up so late, I was watching the sun come up from my view in the bedroom. I was worried, and I can't sleep when I'm worried. All these crazy thoughts were playing through my mind and Riley hadn't even gotten ready for school yet.

I just laid there until I heard him get up. While he was in the shower, I decided to fix his breakfast; some eggs and bacon. By the time I was done, he came downstairs with his hair unbraided and his backpack hanging off one side of his shoulder.

"Morning mama..."

"Good morning, sweetie."

He sat at the kitchen counter and just looked at his food. I waited for him to move, but he didn't.

"Riley, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

He just sat there, making me worried. Then he just stood up and headed towards the door.

"I'm not hungry. I'll see you when I get home." He lastly said, before walking out the door. I couldn't even be mad at him, to be honest. I wasn't in much of an eating mood either, so I went back upstairs to lay down.

I was almost in a really deep sleep when I heard some rustling. I woke up, thinking it was Ray finally coming home. I was about to go downstairs, until I heard something shatter, like glass or something. I hesitated leaving my room, wondering if I should call the police. From the top of the stairs, I could see two dudes dressed in all black, running through my living room. One of them had a gun in his hand, directing the other to take whatever they could carry. I slowly backed away to go back into my room, when I was grabbed from the back.

"Scream and I'll blow your fucking brains out." He instructed. He had his hand around my mouth and a gun pointed to the back of my head.

He moved me downstairs to where the other two robbers were.

"I guess we woke Sleeping Beauty."

He pushed me on the couch, and a few involuntary tears dropped down my cheek. The shorter one pulled a gun on me.

"You get everything upstairs yet?"

"Nah, not yet. You see what I had to take care of."

"Well hurry up dammit, you know this was supposed to be a quick job."

"And it will be so don't fucking rush me."

The dude who dragged me downstairs quickly trotted back up. The short one still had his gun pointed at my head, making me shiver uncontrollably. The leader of the operation looked down at me and grimaced.

"In the meantime, tie her scary ass up. Just so she don't get any dumbass ideas."

He soon walked away and gathered more of my family's stuff. The short one pulled out some rope and started tying my hands behind my back.

"Who are you?"

"Shut up."

"What do you want?" I cried, seeing if I could get any answers.

"I said shut up! Ask another question and see what happens to you!" He cocked his gun and pointed it back at me, after putting duct tape on my mouth. I kept crying and scooted away from him, but the tallest one who seemed to be running things, came back into the room.

"Boss said not to kill her, dumbass!"

"She's asking too many fucking questions! Besides I wasn't really gonna shoot her, I'm not stupid."