A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (20)

Start from the beginning

"My parents were appalled when they were told."

"My parents are a very different type of demon; they became mated to each other; because they fell in love, not because they thought they would have stronger offspring."

A small smile graces his lips when he spoke about his parents, he looks like an innocent little boy. I cannot help but to do the same.

He looks at me and sees me smiling, he's staring at me a little too intensely. I look away and clear my throat.

"That's what I want with my mate, sure I want us to have strong offspring, but I also want there to be love between us." He says in a much quieter voice.

Um wow, Will wants to find a mate or I guess Kieran does, oh I don't know anymore, my brain is all jumbled up. Even if it's weird I think it's easier for me if I think of them as separate people or at least refer to them as such.

I clear my throat again not wanting to talk about that, I look back up at him. He's still staring, it's kind of creepy. "Um, so your parents erased your memory then, or what?"

"Yes, I'm not sure how but they did. They stripped me of my powers and made me normal, a human. Then I was taken to the human world, where they erased my memories. But something went wrong. Somehow I was separated from myself. I know it's hard to understand because I still don't understand the whole thing myself."

"Wow, um, I don't really know what to say. So-so your Will's- original- self, his demon self, and Will only remembers his life as a human, a fake human. And neither of you remember what the other remembers?"

Wow did that even make sense, it kind of did.

"Well, yes and no. For the most part Will doesn't remember any of his demon life but he has dreamed of it."

"How do you know that?"

"We share the same subconscious so we dream the same; we just don't share the same memories."

"So when Will is present or in control, does that mean you don't remember anything about his life, as a human."

"Again yes and no, the only real time I get to see any of his life is in our dreams and when I gain control."

"How do you gain control?"

"Usually when his guard is down, like when he is emotionally upset or when his inhibition are lowered, when he's intoxicated. It's becoming a lot easier now that I'm back in this world, my world."

"You mean when he's drunk?" Oh my gosh, that explains a lot actually but wait.

"Wait, how come you didn't come out when we were getting kidnapped, you, I mean Will, was totally wasted you could have helped."

He sighs and tries to grab my hand again; I cross my arms so he can't. It's a little weird, him wanting to hold my hand; plus I'm kind of mad.

He gives an annoyed look but gives up. "Well your right. I could have gained control, but it was my chance to final return to my world."

"So you just let it happen." I stop myself before I say something I might regret. I look down at my lap.

I mean he could have stopped those men, with the power he has. I could still be in my world and would have never gone through this. But then again, how can I be mad when were total strangers; he had no obligation to help me, but still I'm a little upset.

"I've upset you again." I jump and look up, he's inches away from my face.

"Wha-what are you doing?" I try to back up, but I'm still pressed against the wall. There's nowhere to go.