5

5-
I've been sitting on the ground, in the kitchen, holding Zak for what seems like forever. But I don't dare try and bring up what happened with him and Aaron.

My phone starts to vibrate in my pocket and I gently reach my hand into it. Aaron's contact appears on the screen and I'm hesitant about answering. "Hello?" I whisper into the phone making sure Zak fell asleep. "Amanda? I need to talk to you."

"Well right now isn't really a good time. I'm holding him right now since he fell asleep while crying." I snap into the receiver. "I-" "what Aaron?" "I didn't mean for it to get that far. I didn't want it to end like that."

I hear him starting to cry on the other end. "Aaron I-" Zak starts to move around in his sleep so I quickly end the conversation. "I gotta go." The call quickly ends and my phone is placed on the counter as I wrap my arms around the 6'2 man.

"Stop! Stop it!" I grab onto his head trying to hold him still but it doesn't work and he keeps thrashing around. "Zak! Zak!" I yell to try to wake him up but it doesn't work. "Zak! Wake up! It's not real! It's not real!"

His eyes snap open in terror and he is shaking. "I'm here. I'm here." I whisper into his shoulder as he holds me. I'd never think that this would happen. Zak looking so weak and fragile. I hope I don't have to see it again because it is so heart breaking.

After an hour of sitting in his lap while he calms down, he finally gets up but he doesn't let go of me. He holds onto my hand and he makes his way down stairs into his dungeon. Once we get down there he sits down in his "throne" and pulls me on top of him.

"Sometimes I don't like to be all emotional and sappy. So I'll come down here and just listen." I don't respond to him, but I grab onto his hand and interlace our fingers. Not even five minutes into us sitting here in silence, we hear a blood curdling scream coming from upstairs. Zak jumps off the chair and runs up the brick stairs.

I quickly follow behind him and run into his back as he stops suddenly. "Who's there!?" He yells down the hall. We hear a huge crash coming from what I assume is his kitchen. Zak starts to turn the corner but is thrown back, bringing me with him. I slam my head against the wall.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" He yells jumping in front of me grabbing my head. "Gracie!" The black and white dog runs around the corner and jumps onto Zak. "Okay okay okay! We're leaving right now." He reaches his arms around my back and under my legs and carries me to his car.

"Amanda?" I hum in response. "Are you okay? I saw your head hit the wall and it looked like it hurt." He reaches his hand over the middle and grabs mine. "Yeah I did hit my head I just don't know how hard" Gracie jumps into my lap from the back.

"Hi Gracie! Hi!"I let go of Zaks hand and hold Gracie instead. I pet her head and my other arm wraps around her to hold her. We come to a stop light and we seem to be the only ones on the road right now. "Sorry"

"Why are you sorry? It was none of your fault so don't blame yourself." I look over at him and he nods. I see the green light reflecting against his glasses. "It's g-" "I know. But I can't stop looking at you eyes." "You're so cheesy right now." I laugh at him.

He turns his head back and drives off. "Did I make you mad?" He doesn't respond. "You're angry." Nothing. "Why are you angry?" "I'M NOT ANGRY!" I immediately shut up and face forward.

After a few seconds of silence he talks. "I'm sorry." I keep myself facing forward. "I'm not... I'm not used to these kind of things so I don't know how to act. But I wasn't angry at you. I'm angry at myself." I look over at him and realize he has his hand hanging over reaching out for me.

I grab his hand and gently squeeze it. A faint smile shows up on his face and I smile back at him. This night started off horrible but ended great.