Chapter 31- A Flower and a Tune

Chapter 31

A Flower and a Tune

Teagan

*

She talking to me. Wait..no. Down to me. She was talking down to me. Not in just a literal sense, but in the simile sense too. She had wicked sharp teeth, like me, but somehow in her small whore brain, she thought to step on my mouth so I could howl or bite her back. Damn.

You have always thought you were superior..like you were Alpha! Not me. I'm going to be the next Alpha Female. Just watch, you skank. Whether he's your mate or not, he is mine. She growled at me in my mind. Thankfully, she decided to be the usual Carrie and insult me while she is slowly cutting off my air supply.

You will never be Alpha Female. They aren't whores like you. I hissed back at at but she was adding more pressure to neck under her grimy paws. Damn, she is strong, but I'm isn't going down without a fight. Luckily, she didn't seem like killing me just yet. But what I said pissed her off even more and started to add more and more pressure to my neck. I could barely breathe. Black spots danced in my eyes and I felt myself getting weaker. 

I hope Luke got my message and realized it wasn't his inner voice. I mean, come on! He shouldn't be taking this long!

As if on cue, a brown wolf sped out of the trees like a bullet, slamming into Carrie a Red wood trunk, making it shake because of her impact, but doesn't knock her out. She looks shocked but goes back to growling. Looks like she didn't know what Luke's wolf looks like. I was able to catch my breath during this distraction. The spots disappeared and I could breathe regularly again. Yay to wolf healing, but I was still pretty weak.

Luke looked over to, as if making sure I was ok. I nodded and gave him a weak smile. He gave me a wolfy grin then went back to growling at Carrie who was circling us. Luke backed up so we were side by side.

Thanks. I said to him through my mind. He still looked pretty confused but said back. 

My pleasure...mate. He winked at me, making me snort in laughter. 

Mate? Really? Couldn't resist, could ya? I asked him, snickering as he rolled blue eyes, but this was just the distraction Carrie needed and she tackled him to the ground. I instantly went rigid with anger. Oh, hell no. Luke wasn't really fighting back because of rules. Rules that said we cannot attack another wolf in our pack, even though they attacked first. The only time we can if the Alpha approves or something. I'm not sure. I blanked out as my mom told me this. I hated the rule because it seemed like a death wish for any wolf and I still think that now. If Carrie doesn't back down, I'm going to break this rule..and make her pay.

I watched as Luke kept parrying her bites or scratches. He was doing good. But she looked like she was on a mission and Luke was tiring, she wasn't. Anger was fueling her every move and anger really doesn't just tire out. I wanted to go in and kick her wolfy ass but I couldn't unless I got little bit of my strength back.

Finally, Luke couldn't dodge one of Carrie's bites and got hit in shoulder. He fell to the ground, tired and wounded. Carrie was about to lunge on him, but I had other plans. I came from behind her, quietly and quickly as possible, then bit her on the bum. Ew.

She howled in pain and probably rage. I gave her a triumphant smirk. She had a crazed look in her also blue eyes and anger was present too. Somehow, we started to circle each other, waiting for someone to make the first move.

From what I learned on Star Wars, was that you must let them strike first. Luke was able to limp out of the way and was watching us with wary eyes. I felt him trying to get in my mind, telling me not to do anything stupid, but I blocked my mind and focused on Carrie only.