Chapter 19- Pieces to that Crazy Puzzle of Life

Chapter 19

Pieces to that Crazy Puzzle of Life

Lucas

*

I don't know why I kissed her. I don't know. And I don't think I will ever know what came over me, in that cave. But kissing her just felt so right. Like our lips were made to only touch each others, like our bodies were  only made to be next to each other.

Right now, nothing in the world mattered but kissing Teagan. Even though I knew it was wrong. But I could care less right now. I zoned back in on the real world instead of my own thoughts. We were still kissing..or..making out, whichever one you prefer. It was just a tussle of tongues. We were still going at each other but not so dirty, if that's possible..

And we continued like that until I heard my brother calling out my name, saying it was dinner time. I groaned. She pulled away, looking dazed from our tense makeout session. Her eyes were wide, her lips were swollen, and she was flushed. I probably looked the same way but I couldn't help but grin. She was still shocked but finally got over it because Alex's voice was getting closer.

"Let's go!" She whispered yelled. "Wait! What's our 'story'?" She thought about it for a second then grinned evilly.

"Luke! You are such a dumbass!" She yelled at me, making sure Alex could hear. I looked at her like she was crazy but just winked and mouthed, 'Go along with it'.

"I am so not a dumbass! God, you are insufferable!" I screamed at her. She rolled her eyes.

"Hey, hey! Calm down you two. What are you guys arguing about this time?" Alex smirked at us as he climbed over the mossy rock,  almost slipped over.

I wasn't sure what to say but Teagan had it all covered. "Oh, this asshole," She pointed to me, "thought that starfishes are in freshwater and in this cave." She snorted at the end, rolling her eyes at me. Wow. She is a hell of a good actress. Alex started laughing at the two of us and told us to hurry for dinner, then climbed back over the rock.

"Come on. Lets go get something to eat! I'm starving." And she pulled me towards the rock and climbed over, helped me over since I'm such a klutz.

 *

After we had all gotten dried off and dressed, it was time to eat. Hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, and much more. It was all mouthwatering and I got a lot of it. I saw Teagan get two hot dogs and a soda but no potato salad. Then I saw Carrie get food, or should I say, not get food. She only got two slices of hot dog and a tiny scoop of potato salad.

What did I ever see in her again?

As I was sitting down, I was called by Alex. "Hey Luke, can I speak to you down by the water?" He looked calm but yet, he looked like he was a friggin' genius. "Umm..ok?" It was starting to get dark outside and the sun was already 3/4 of the way down.

"You kids be careful. Watch your step and be back soon, it's getting dark." My dad, the Alpha, told us. I scoffed at the last comment. I mean we both are friggin' werewolves. My dad narrowed his eyes at me and I sighed in defeat. We both reassured him and off we went. But why did he want to talk to me by the water?He never wants to talk to me...Oh god. He was going to drown me! Oh god. Oh god. Oh g--

"Luke, if you are thinking I'm going to kill you or something..think again." My brother said in a humored voice. I knew he was smirking even though I couldn't see him very well. A few minutes late, we were down by the water skipping rocks into the black abyss of the swimming hole. It had been pretty silent with the exception of the splashing of water due to the rocks. It wasn't awkward or anything. It was just a comfortable silence.