Chapter 20: Damn...

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure about that, Y/N? I think you should come with me to class."

She tried to act like she wasn't saying something else but she failed miserably making me smile softly.

"Yes, I'm sure. Trust me. I'll talk to you later."

I said trying to make her understand I knew what I was doing. She hesitated for a second but eventually gave in telling me she'll see me later.

As she walked out, me and Dinah followed our usual routine. She was locking the door as I sat on the table at the front. She walked in front of me grabbing both of my hands, stroking them softly, but didn't say anything. She was looking at the ground like she was having along the lines of the same thought process I was all hour. Very silently, she broke the silence.

"What happened?"

Taking a deep breath and exhaling it shakingly, I responded.

"Nicki wrote the note. She was talking about us, our relationship."... "She said she saw us leaving the championship game together and put two and two together. I tried telling her that I wasn't with you, but with someone you knew and was close to, and that you were just driving us to her house but she didn't buy it. She said she was going to wait until we slip up and she gets hardcore evidence that we're together."

Hansen looked down in defeat closing her eyes and shaking her head. Seeing her in pain made me pull her into me, putting my head in her neck. She wrapped her arms around me immediately, squeezing me tightly.

"After she left I went to the bathroom and started thinking..."

I trailed off getting slightly nervous telling her. My silence, though, made her pull away to look at me, her eyebrows channeled together in confusion. Keeping my arms on her shoulders and hers on my waist I continued.

"I was thinking it might be best if we... take a break I guess. Like if she was really going to be this persistent then we should lay as low as possible."

Her whole disposition changed and she looked at me like I just gave her the worst news of her life. She pulled away from me making my heart drop. I put my hands on her waist pulling her back and hurriedly resumed.

"That's just what I was thinking until I came in here and I saw you. And I couldn't even imagine me not being with you; even if it would've only been for a little over a month. And if you and I start walking around like we just broke up it would only fuel what Nicki is trying to accuse."

Dinah hits me on the shoulder, then crossed her arms and pouted.

"Don't do that to me. You almost killed me."

Her saying that made me smile faintly as I started to admire her Polynesian features again. I brought my hand up to her cheek, lightly rubbing my thumb down her cheek and across her bottom lip.

"Like I said before, the only person that can truly end this is you. I can't even do it mentally."

She smiled leaning into my touch, but sighed.

"What are we going to do Y/N?"

Shaking my head, I reply.

"We will do what we have to and lay low. Hopefully, we will be able to actually see each other outside of school. I don't know how though, now that basketball season is over and all these senior events that are about to happen."

"Ugghhh! Why does this have to be so hard. I just want to be with you."

I nod, before adding on to her statement.

"And we will be together forreal in less than 2 months. That's it. In two months I'll be 18 and out of this hell hole and nobody can keep us away from each other."