A dancer gifted the handsome man with an additional drink and he finished it in its entirety.

"Helena informed me that your client was in a previous engagement with that Stomsvik girl," Dmitry stated, pausing between short bites. He had mentioned this fact deliberately; for he took joy in stoking Kane's short temper.

"It was his taste for dirty kiska," Afon told them lewdly, in reference to the foiled betrothal. "He accepts even our most well-trodden whores. Disgusting fucker."

Dmitry was tickled further.

The eldest Romanov only smiled; for he knew Sophia to be devoutly catholic and, thus, innocently still a virgin. Dmitry had only mentioned this fact to deter him, though Kane's desire for her remained.

Afon removed a cuff-bracelet from his slacks pocket. Dmitry recognized it to be that of the heiress', though Kane was promptly unaware; for he hadn't bore witness to the entire scene beside the downtown fountain. The Kuznetsov man mused thoughtfully; as Afon still challenged Kane for the heiress and he wished to help in stirring the pot.

Soon after, Sebastian Moreau arrived. He recognized the cuff immediately; for the gifted jewelry had been custom crafted by a high-end designer in France. He chose not to comment, however, having been quickly greeted by a trio of lace-clad dancers.

"Alena; Nastasya; how great it is to see you— and Ivory. You ladies look stunning. How long has it been since I've last visited?"

Kane's demeanor was that of utter contempt; as Afon and Dmitry had exhausted much of his patience. "We have much to discuss," he told him.

"The women will be happy to indulge you after you've finished," Dmitry assured, choosing to shift to the role of a well-mannered peacemaker.

The Moreau man sat beside Kane, while Afon and Dmitry excused themselves. His stare had settled briefly on the ravaged plate of oysters and prawns; then, on the cuff, still sitting upon the table; before regaining a small sense of focus.

"I have called you here today to discuss your family's partnership with Aleksander Stomsvik. My father has informed me of his lack of cooperation, in matters concerning payment."

Sebastian remained tight-lipped.

"He and Harvey Maxim are of the family's closest 'associates'," he continued, in gentle reference to their roles of high-stake launderers. The Romanov's sullied money cycled through their private enterprises, establishing them as well-worn conspirators.

"Well, of course; Aleksander and Harvey are very much close friends of the family. My father hasn't mentioned payments to ever have been an issue. Stomsvik is a man of good word."

"He was late on a large deposit. Sources say he is on an excursion to Dubai. Has your father remained in contact?"

Sebastian took a sip from his provided drink and stared at Kane rather wearily. "I don't recall that he has."

"Do me the favor of asking," Kane stated pointedly.

Sebastian had been known to avoid the discussion of topics directly. "I'm sure old man Al' has just lost his wallet out in some exotic brothel. A winsome, little prostitute likely stole his cash and phone. Why worry?"

"Circumstances lead the incident to appear underhanded."

Sebastian was suddenly snide. "His daughter has remained in the states. No liquidation of assets. Surely this lack of punctuality is explainable once Aleksander is able to be reached."

Kane scoffed balefully; for it was uncharacteristic of Sebastian to get defensive. "Oh?"

Sebastian glanced nervously at the cuff-bracelet, fearing he'd said too much.