Chapter 1

"How did it go?" I ask eagerly throwing my magazine down.

"Yeah he's alright, fuck she was scared though." Jason says closing the door and kicking off his shoes.

"What happened?" I ask watching him with a smile. He walks to the bed dropping himself down.

"Just the usual he found her, she bolted." he says laying back on the bed putting his arm across his face.

Jason went along with the group to our neighbouring pack blackstorm, like they always do for their meetings and training together. Since alpha deans took over only a few years ago the bond between our packs has only gotten stronger.

"I'm surprised he only found her now wonder how that happened." I say looking to my window watching the trees sway.

"Yeah." is his only reply as I look back to him. somethings is bothering him.

"What's she like?" I ask laying down and resting my head on his chest.

"You will like her, she's fucken fast too." he softly chuckles.

I smile. I hope she's is it would be nice to have a friend who doesn't use me for  him..

"Why do you always read this shit?" he huffs out, finding the magazine next to him. He grabs it holding it up above us and flips through the pages making me laugh.

"I dunno they're nice to look at." I snatch it off him as his arm flops down across my stomach.

"What are we doing today?" I ask throwing it onto the floor. He blows out a breath covering his face again with his arm.

"Can I just lay here for awhile, deans and Haynes upped their game this time, I'm fucken beat." I nod my head as my thoughts wonder.

"Who would win, deans or Haynes?" I ask curiously. "Deans" he replies instantly.

"Really?" I ask sitting up looking to him.

Haynes is our alpha and he's a bloody strong one at that, even I know this.

"Yeah but don't worry he's a great man Haynes knows what he's doing." he breathes out, his voice going soft, he must be exhausted.

Me ... I'm wide awake.

"You just got back, I'm bored." I start flicking his ear causing him to groan grabbing my hand making me stop.

"Just wake me when it's time." he says as his breathing slows making me roll my eyes.

"How was James when he found her?" I ask glancing to the ceiling.

I wonder about the feeling you get when you finally meet your mate for the first time. Does the world stop or go into slow motion? It must be bliss.

"You won't quit will you." the annoyance in his voice pulling me from my thoughts.

"Ok, Ok." I get up grabbing my magazine as I lay back down next to him finding the page I was up to, I continue to read as he drifts off to sleep.