Chapter 24

Zayn's POV

I got home from work and walked up to my front door, but I automatically heard yelling coming from inside. I opened the door and saw Perrie screaming at our son while he screamed right back at her with tears rolling down his cheeks. I walked between the two to separate them before pulling my crying son into my arms.

"I hate her!" He cried to me before pushing me back gently and running up the stairs. I called after Liam to come back down so we could all talk about this, but his bedroom door slammed shut before I had the chance to get my full sentence out. I looked at Perrie and saw an exhausted look on her face. She came over to try kissing me, but I just stepped back and gave her a serious look.

"What was Liam crying about?" I asked her, knowing that if I hate anything more in this world it's to see my son cry. She sighed and sat on the bottom of the stairs. I sat next to her and waited for her to answer me. She stayed silent for a while, one of her hands rested on her stomach.

"Niall said he was a queer and I don't want that shit around our son, so I kicked him out of our house. Liam's upset because I made a good decision that he can't see as a good decision right now." Perrie told me like she was telling me what she ate for breakfast. My blood ran cold at her words and I sat up straighter. She looked at me then rolled her eyes like the way she treated Niall was nothing to her.

"Niall's a good kid even if he's gay. There's nothing wrong with our son having his best friend be gay. We both know Liam is straighter than they come so there's no reason to think that Niall will influence him in anyway. You're born that way, Perrie. Niall's still the same person he was before he realized this about himself. This is nothing to be making our son loose his brother over." I told her seriously, getting ready to work in the fact that I'm gay as well into this conversation. She shook her head then waved off the subject.

"Well if you're born that way, then I pray to God our baby will be born the right way." Perrie told me slowly, then bit her lip nervously. Her words hit me like a ton of bricks, sucking the air out of my lungs and leaving my body flat on the ground. I stood up from the step and begin shaking my head as I paced the floor. She stood up and got my hands to rest on her flat stomach, but I just took them away from her.

"You said you were back on the pill, Perrie. I didn't use a condom because I didn't have any at the moment and you told me it was fine because you were back on the god damn pill!" I yelled at her, my eyes welling up with tears because I didn't want this baby. I didn't want any of this and it was all happening anyway.  Perrie looked at me like she was shocked with my reaction to this.

"Why are you so upset? You wanted a baby and now you're yelling at me like I did something wrong! Yes, I lied to you about the pill, but that was because I knew you wouldn't even touch me unless you knew there was no chance! If it makes you feel better, I've only taken one pregnancy test that was positive and I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. You're supposed to be happy about this, Zayn." She yelled at me. I looked away from her to pull my phone out of my pocket because it buzzed. I opened the text from Niall and felt like I was going to throw up. He said he was done with this before things got worse, yet he ended the long message with the words I love you forever and always.

I dropped my phone to the floor and broke down crying like a teenage girl that just got her heart broken. Perrie placed her hands on my shaking body, but I took steps away from her until I was pressed flat against the wall. Even though the fact we had consensual sex, I felt so violated by her because she lied to me to get what she wanted.

"I want a divorce." I cried to her, sounding more like I was just defeated by everything around me. I have no clue what Niall's thinking right now with that text he sent me, all I know is I'm going to do all I can to get his heart back because his heart is the only one I want. The color drained from Perrie's face as my words settled in. I pulled myself together just a bit more before standing up off the wall so that she knew I ment this.