Chapter One

"You'll love him, trust me!"

"Lily, you know I'm not ready for anything."

"So? Doesn't mean you can't have a little fun," Lily said, bumping shoulders with her.

"And tell me why you think he's so perfect for me?" Sofia asked with a smile on her face.

Once Lily got an idea in her head it was nearly impossible to deter her.

"For starters, he's hot," Sofia rolled her eyes playfully. "But! He's really sweet, and that's exactly what you need." The last part held a little bit of truth to it. After being with David, it would be nice to be around a good guy.

"Just give him a chance, just one date."

Sofia let out a long sigh as her best friend gave her the best wide eyed puppy look she could muster up.

"Fine," lily nearly jumped out of her chair as she pumped her fit into the air with excitement. "But only one date." Sofia said sternly.

"That's all I ask. I'll give him your number and you guys can work out the details."

Lily had been trying to get Sofia to got out with anyone and everyone after her breakup with David. She and David had been together for three years, and for the first two years it had been long distance. After that Sofia had decided to move from the US to London to be with him. Surprisingly, it wasn't until they moved in together she realized how possessive he really was. Never letting her go out with the girls from work, no even letting her out to go to the store. It all got to be too much and she ended it with him. That was three months ago, and she decided to stay in London.

Sofia and Lily had met through work, they both worked at a private practice that specialized in vision. They had been great friends right off the bat, and Lily had even let Sofia stay with her for a month following her breakup. Lily was as outgoing as they came, always out and about making new friends and being a social butterfly. Not only was she an all around good person, but she absolutely beautiful, with long blonde hair, striking blue eyes and a fit body. Whenever they went out she always got drooled over, but that didn't matter considering Lily was engaged to be married. Robert was the perfect balance to Lily, he was more reserved and was definitely as not as comfortable with being front and center.

Sofia on the other hand, was the polar opposite in looks. She had shorter black hair was natural brown highlights and her hair had natural waves. Standing at 5'5 and was very curvy. She couldn't help but feel self-conscious considering she was never stick thin, had wide hips and a smaller waist thanks to her Hispanic heritage. Despite the fact that people would tell her she was beautiful, she never fully agreed with them.

"So what's this guys name?" She asked Lily while taking a sip of beer.

"His name is Kit, and he's a complete gentleman."

"And how do you know him?"

"He's a patient at the office."

Sofia's eyes widened. "You can't be serious, Lily; I can't date a patient."

"Calm down, calm down. It's not like you're the doctor so it's not against the law. And it isn't like you've directly ever worked with him, so it's okay," She said with a smirk.

"If this somehow backfires it's on you," Sofia said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, all me don't worry."

They finished up at the pub they were at and Sofia headed back to her flat for the night. As she walked in she could hear her phone ringing. She quickly dug it out of her purse and saw it was a number she wasn't familiar with.

"Hello?"

"Hey, is this Sofia?"

"It is, who is this?"

"It's Kit."

Automatically it registered that this was the guy who Lily set her up with.

"Oh! Hey Kit, how are you?"

"I'm great, yourself?"

"I'm good," She said with a smile.

"Oh, good, um, so Lily actually texted me your number. I'm guessing you already know why I'm calling," he said with a small laugh.

"Yeah, I have an idea."

"So, I was hoping we could get together tomorrow night? If you're free that is."

"Tomorrow night would be good."

 Kit mentioned a local restaurant and they decided to meet there at seven. He did sound nice, although that was only over the phone. But she also couldn't wait for her date with him tomorrow.

________________

Hope whoever reads this enjoys it! Let me know what you think :)