Lost Items and Lip Pencil

ELENA'S POINT OF VIEW

I woke up with Dean's arm draped across me. A sudden rush of last night came across me. The yelling, the crying, the bourbon. Uh-oh, the bourbon. I immediately felt nauseous and hungover. I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Well, that's just lovely.

I felt an arm hold me up.

"Elena, you okay?"Dean asked me.

"I've been better," I told him.

He laughed and handed me a glass of water.

"Thanks," I said as I took a huge gulp of water. "Remind me to never drink bourbon again."

"Yeah, it's not an easy drink." He laughed at me. "Feel any better?"

"A little. I just can't wait to get back home," I told him.

"Uh yeah," Dean said walking back to the bed.

"What time is it anyways?" I asked.

He checked his phone and laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"It's one in the afternoon," he said.

I choked on my water.

"What? How'd we sleep in so long?" I asked.

"I don't know Elena." He looked to the floor.

"Room service?" I asked.

He smiled and grabbed the menu.

I ordered some french toast while he ordered a burger and some pie. I needed some breakfast even though it was technically lunch.

At about two, the food arrived. We ate it then got ready. We were going to visit my brother and Bonnie before we left for California.

I wore this really pretty outfit with a cute pair of boots. It was a casual day.

We met up with Jer and Bonnie at about four. They were actually a cute couple. We spent the night discussing life. They were planning on moving in together.

"So you two live together don't you?" Jeremy asked me.

We both sat there awkwardly.

"Uh no Jer, we don't," I told him.

"Really, I thought you did," he said. "Why did you move out?"

"Drop it Jer!" I snapped at him.

"Sorry," he said sensing the awkwardness.

Dean looked extremely uncomfortable.

"So how 'bout them Eagles?" Bonnie asked trying to break the silence. "They're doing great this season huh?"

The awkwardness was then broken. We all burst into laughter.

"Bonnie, I've missed you so much," I told her.

"I know," she winked at me. "I miss you too."

The rest of dinner was pretty nice. It wasn't awkward. It wasn't boring. It wasn't sad. It was something well needed. I missed nights like these. The nights where you forgot all of your stress and problems. Nights where you focused on your happiness instead. They were rare, but when they happened, it was a vacation for your brain.

We said our goodbyes. It was hard, but it had to happen eventually. Bonnie and Jeremy were planning to take a vacation out to see us soon. Wait... Us? No, not us... Me... Just me. Not Dean. We aren't together. That's something I still haven't gotten used to. I don't think I will ever get used to saying that.