Masquerade

ELENA'S POINT OF VIEW

I woke up this morning feeling more alive than ever. It's been two months since I got released from the hospital. Dean had been nicer than ever. He was very helpful, and he took care of me. I don't remember anything from the accident to when I woke up. It's all a blank, but I remember that there's something important I was missing.

"Lena?" Dean asked me, breaking my trance.

"Hey Dean," I said.

"How are you feeling this morning?" He asked me.

"Dean I'm fine. All of my stitches are out, my bones are healed. I'm no longer on medication. I'm fine. I'm even going back to work today," I said.

"I don't want you seeing Kyle," he told me.

"I don't care. Besides, I'm turning in my resignation today. I need to move on with my life," I told him.

"Well, in that case, I think we should celebrate," he said smiling.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked.

"Well a buddy of mine is having a masquerade party, and I've been invited. Now, you are going to be my date. When you quit your job, I want you to go out and buy any dress and mask you want. My treat. I will not take no for an answer," he told me.

"I might have a dress already," I said.

"No Elena. You are going to buy yourself a dress. I already called Jess to help you," he told me.

"You called Jess?" I asked.

"Yeah, you two seemed to hit it off. She hasn't stopped calling me ever since you got out of the hospital," he said.

"Okay! Sounds fun! Just let me go quit my job, and we will head out!" I said.

I kissed his cheek and left the house.

-------------------

I showed up to Kyle's office. He was in his office doing some work. I took notice at the new secretary. She was tall and brunette. Her skirt was shorter than anything, and her shirt was so low cut that Victoria had no secret. I just laughed to myself.

"Ma'am, you need an appointment to see Mr. Grant," she told me.

"Don't worry about that. Oh hey, if you're sleeping with him, you should get out now. Bastard only looks out for himself," I told her sympathetically.

She pulled up her top and nodded.

"Mr. Kyle Grant!" I yelled walking into his office.

"Elena?!" He yelled getting up.

"How are you? I heard you got released. Are you alright?" He asked.

"Oh I am just fan-freaking-tastic! I suffered an almost fatal car accident, had a couple broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, a broken leg, my heart stopped for a little bit which was not too much fun, I died and came back a lot of times, and now I'm standing here in front of the world's biggest ass. Now, how are you?" I asked.

"Elena, I'm so..." he started.

"Sorry?" I interrupted. "For what? Sleeping with me for six months yet never committing to any type of relationship? Accusing me of trying to get ahead of my career by sleeping with my boss, whom I thought was my boyfriend? Or sleeping with your ex-fiancé? Or are you just sorry you got caught?" I asked.

"All of the above. Elena please forgive me! I want to be with you so much!" He told me.

"There's only one way you can get me back," I said.