Jess to Impress

ELENA'S POINT OF VIEW

I woke up Monday morning exhausted. Sunday was awful because I was completely hungover. I didn't even get out of bed. I got up and walked to get ready. As soon as I got done, I went into the kitchen to see Dean sitting at the counter.

"Uhh hey," I said to him.

"Hey Lena," he smiled at me. "How are you feeling?" He asked me.

"Ehhh better I guess. Hey thanks for picking me up," I said.

"Of course," he told me.

"Uh I got to go, but I'll see you tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah," he smiled.

Things were getting back to normal.

---------------

I got to the office to talk to Kyle. He called me into his office.

"Elena, what did you do Saturday?" He asked me.

"I went out with my friends. I told you," I said.

"Yes I know, but you called me and left a voicemail," he told me.

"Oh no. What did I say?" I asked.

"Basically that you were drunk and wanted to do very bad things with me at the time. But you said something that concerned me," he said.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"You said that you were in love, but you didn't say who you were in love with," he said.

"Oh no. Kyle listen," I started.

"Are you in love with Dean?" He interrupted.

"Dean? Kyle what would..." I started again.

"Are you?" He asked.

"No. No. He's my friend and roommate. Kyle what is this about?" I asked.

"You're in love with someone. I want to know who?" He asked. "Do you love me?"

"Yeah, I think I do," I told him.

"Good," he said as he ran and kissed me.

"I missed you," he said.

"I missed you too," I replied.

I left his office. I loved someone? I wasn't in love with anyone. At least I didn't think I was. I mean I could love Kyle. That would make sense right? Because I'm with him. I'm not with anyone else. I couldn't love anyone else. Right?

-----------------

The day went by way too slow. I got home and saw Dean and two other people. Sam and a woman.

"Hey guys," I said entering the house.

"Hey Lena, you remember Sam and this is his wife Jess," he said.

"Hi Elena! It's so nice to meet you," she said.

"You too. Man Sam. You really know how to pick them. You're breathtaking," I said to her.

"Aww you're so sweet! Dean did a great job too," she winked at me.

"Oh Dean and I aren't together," I told her. I saw Dean look at the floor.

"Ha right," she replied.

The night went by really well. Jess is the sweetest girl in the world. Her and Sam are the cutest couple ever. I just loved her.

The guys went to talk in the living room while Jess and I stayed in the kitchen.

"So Elena, you and Dean?" She asked.

"What about us?" I asked confused.

"Stop playing stupid Elena. I know there's something between you two. Even a blind person could see that," she told me.

"Jess, there's nothing going on. I'm with this guy Kyle," I told her.

"Yeah that's not going to last long," she said.

"Excuse me?" I said offended.

"Look, I don't mean to offend you. But you're stupid. I see the way you look at him, and I see how he looks at you. That's love," she told me.

"No it's nothing. We're just friends," I said.

"Suit yourself, but I give it three months. You'll be together one day," she said.

We got off the subject and talked about our families. The night was great.

"Elena, I loved meeting you! You have to text me! We will get together and hang out soon," she said.

"Definitely!" I said.

"Bye Elena," Sam said hugging me.

"Bye Sam. It was good to see you again," I said smiling at him.

They left, and Dean and I sat on the couch.

"You're brother and sister-in-law are great people," I told him.

"Yeah they are," he said.

"The way he looks at her. It's a look that gives me chills. He looks at her the way every girl wants to be looked at," I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked me.

"When she's not looking, he stares at her and smiles. He admires everything about her. He looks at her like she's the only thing in the world," I told him. "I wish someone would look at me that way."

I saw Dean smile a little.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he smiled back at me.

"No it's not. Dean Winchester what are you not telling me?" I said poking him.

"Nothing Lena, I'm just saying that someone does look at you that way. You just don't see it," he said before getting up and going to his room.

What did that even mean?