Greetings

AN: Hi guys! I wanted to thank you for reading this! I just want to say that Elena's story is a little different from her in the Vampire Diaries. This is not a supernatural story. It's like an alternate universe. I hope you like it! Feel free to comment any criticism! I will be open to suggestions and requests! ❤️love you! Sorry if there's any errors. Please let me know if I need to change anything :)

Elena Gilbert walked up the steps to her interview with a possible apartment roommate. She had just moved to California after running from her small town in Mystic Falls, Virginia.

Applying for many apartments was difficult. For the past month, she had been going on many interviews, and she had yet to get an apartment.

Now, was her last hope. She had one more left, or she would have to find other arrangements. That meant homeless.

Elena pulled up her long brown hair which ended right above her hip. Her brown eyes glimmered against the sun. She felt her pale skin start to shake. She didn't know exactly why she was nervous, but it was most likely because she needed a new start.

It'd been a month since she moved away from home. Her father didn't support her choice to leave. He wanted her to continue in the family business, but she couldn't stand living in such a small town. Coming from Mystic Falls, everyone knows everyone, there was no privacy. You could never be unique. Everyone was the same.

It had been two years since her mother died in a strange car accident. She drove her car off of a bridge. Ever since then, her father has been extremely strict on her. Now that she left, he didn't want anything to do with her.

That's why she stood in front of this door. She needed a new life, and she wanted to be happy again.

Elena knocked on the door and waited for an answer. It was a beautiful place. The outside was like entering a very expensive hotel. There was even a water fountain. There was a parking garage that was surprisingly large. This place was beautiful, but seemed extremely expensive.

She heard shuffling at the door when all of a sudden, the door opened. She was not prepared for what she saw. Standing in front of her, was a man of six feet, two inches, dirty blonde hair, and gorgeous green eyes. Let's just take a moment though to stare at his body.

His muscular figure was downright sexy. Elena held herself together as she approached the man.

"Uhhh hi! My names..." She started before the man cut her off.

"Elena Gilbert, Pleasure to meet you," he said staring into her with a smirk on his face.

"The pleasure is all mine..." she held the last syllable waiting for a name.

"Dean, Dean Winchester," he shook her hand. "I'm supposed to be showing you my apartment now. Please come in," he welcomed her in.

Elena stepped through the doors expecting it to be a total pig sty. Luckily, it was really nice. Dean had a flat screen tv, eighty inch, and a leather sofa. Also, the kitchen was huge! The fridge was double the size of a normal one, and everything was beautifully put together. Elena stood in awe at just the cabinets alone.

She was in a deep trance when she heard Dean talking.

"Uhm to tell you the truth, I wasn't expecting a woman. I don't mind, but I was hoping for a guy. You know... For guy stuff," he stated.

Elena found the need to add sarcasm to this.

"Oh but I am a man. And my oh my you are one slice of pie," she shot a wink at him.

He stood there uncomfortable while she checked out the rest of the place. The bedroom was a pretty nice size, and also purple.

This apartment was absolutely beautiful. It was perfect and fit everything she needed. The only downfall was that there was one bathroom. She would have to share it with a boy, if she got the apartment.

"Wow, this place is amazing," she said.

"Uhh thanks. I've had it for a year now, but my brother Sam just moved out. Apparently that's what happens when you get married," Dean laughed to himself.

Elena found her way to the kitchen again. It was huge.

"Look Elena, I'm kind of looking for a guy to live with. Don't take it the wrong way, you seem pretty cool, but I think it'd be weird," Dean said.

"Look Dean, this is my last resort. I have no where to go. Just please give me a chance!" she replied.

Dean signed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I can cook! I can clean! I. Can. Bake. Really well actually. Also, I am not a nuisance. I am fun to be around! I love to go out, and stay in. I read a lot. I watch a lot of movies of ANY category! Uhmm I don't know what else... Oh wait! I am an amazing wingman!" Elena finished.

Dean looked intrigued.

"What do you bake?" he asked.

"My specialty is pie," she replied.

"You've got the apartment," Dean said.

Elena was in shock and extremely excited.

"Thank you Dean! You won't regret this!" She said jumping up and down.

"So are you going to celebrate by making some pie?" Dean asked.

"Right away roomie," Elena winked at Dean.

She pushed her brown hair out of her eyes and began to search through the kitchen.

Dean stared at her as she continued to get excited. He laughed to himself. He didn't choose her because she could bake. He chose her because he saw something that was missing from his life.

Elena interrupted Dean from his trance.

"So when do you want me to move in?" she asked.

"Uhhh whenever you want to. Where are you staying now?" Dean asked.

"Uhmm not far from here," Elena looked down at the floor ashamed. For the last two weeks she had been living in her car. She had been spending her time looking for a job and an apartment. Now that she had both, she felt that her life was starting to be better.

"Perfect, I can help you move in," Dean offered.

"No it's okay. I think I can do it," she tried to seem nonchalant.

"Lena, I insist. In fact, you can't live here unless I help you," Dean said.

"Uhmm okay thanks," she looked at her feet. She smiled to herself. He came up with a nickname for her. Lena. She liked it.

The pie was in the fridge cooling, so they decided to go get her things. They walked to where her car was.

"Okay so where are we going?" Dean asked.

"Uhmm right here," Elena said.

"Wait why here?" Dean asked before realizing how stupid he was for saying that.

"Wait... Is this where you've been living?" Dean asked concerned.

"Uhhh yeah," she looked at the floor with her hands in her pockets.

Dean saw her stance. He knew she was upset.

"Well aren't you glad we are living together now? Now let's move you in!" He said excitedly.

Elena smiled and looked at Dean admiringly.

"Let's do it," she said.

They moved the little bit of things she had into her new room. That night they just sat on the couch watching a movie while eating pie.

Dean stared at Elena without her noticing. The only thought that came to his mind was "I'm never letting her go."