The Meeting

ELENA'S POINT OF VIEW

I woke up Monday morning with a nervous pit in my stomach. I would be seeing Mr. Grant, I mean Kyle. I heard shuffling outside my room, so I got up.

"Dean?" I called.

"Hey," he said smiling.

"Hey," I said holding the "y".

"You look like crap," he told me.

"Didn't get much sleep," I replied.

"Well I did. After the boring movie you made me watch. I haven't slept like that in years," he snickered.

"The Notebook is not a boring movie! It's a love story, and it is a classic and is so beautiful!" I told him.

"Oh please! It's boring! The only reason you watch it is because Ryan Gosling is in it!" he said laughing.

I paused.

"Yeah! That's what I thought!" he bragged.

"Come on! You didn't even shed a tear at the end!?" I asked.

"Lena, that was the most expected ending in the world! Just as bad as the Titanic! If I could prevent the Titanic from sinking I would. Not because of all the deaths, but because then they wouldn't make that stupid movie!" he replied.

"Leonardo DiCaprio was a phenominal..." I started before he interrupted.

"Here we go with the men again!" he said.

"I don't like the movies because of the hot guys! It's an added bonus, but I don't watch it just for them!" This conversation was extremely pointless.

"You know what Dean, I'm dropping this and taking a shower," I said as I walked into the bathroom.

"I hate The Notebook still. Awful movie," he said to himself.

I just chuckled and walked in.

I went to the shower and got ready. I wore a nice dress that accented my body. I needed to make sure that I looked my best. It distracted me from the fact that I got absolutely no sleep. I wore a tight, black dress that stopped in the middle of my thigh. In addition, I had on my silver heels that made me look really tall. My brown hair was straight and laying down my back. Now, I just had to pass the test.

I walked outside my room to see Dean's reaction.

"Hey Lena, I think we..." He stared. His eyes were wide open.

"What?" I asked.

"Damn," was all he said.

"I take it that I passed?" I said laughing.

"Wooooow," he said.

"Alright, so I'm going to go to work. I was thinking pasta for dinner? I'll pick up some beer on the way home. And Dean. Pick up your jaw from the floor," I said winking.

--------------

I got to the office as usual today. I did my normal routine of preparing Mr. Grant's usual coffee and setting any new things on his desk. He usually came in an hour after I did. Today, he was early.

"Good morning Elena," he said smiling at me.

"Mr. Grant," I said looking at him.

He walked into his office and sat down.

"Elena, may I have a word with you?" I heard him call.

I got up and walked into his office.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked nervously.