Chapter 45: Monkey Girlfriend

Pulling herself up on the counter to reach some shelves, she hears the door open and close.

          "Lei?" Leighton hears her name. She smiles not answering him. "There's my monkey girlfriend," Sam laughs, setting his bag down. "What are you doing?"

           "Well, I'm climbing Mount Everest to put dishes away, because someone, I'm not naming names, but it rhymes with ham, decided not to think about how short his girlfriend is."

           Sam smirks grabbing water out of the fridge. "Sounds like a jerk."

           "Well...." Leighton laughs.

           "So your Uncle came to my office after you left," Sam says, sliding on the barstool watching her.

           "He did? What did he want?"

         "He introduced me to the football coach. A new one, because that's not the same one I met before," Sam says.

          "Yeah they fired the last one. I don't know why."

          "So yeah, I met him, and they stood and talked for a few minutes. The coach knows about why I got fired from Iowa," Sam smirks.

          Leighton climbs off the counter, leaning against the bar, "oh really?"

         "Yeah, so I'm sure I'll hear a lot of that my time here till it all blows over."

          "Probably," Leighton says turning around and going back to a box on the kitchen counter.

            "You look like you pretty much got the kitchen all unpacked," Sam says, standing up.

           "This box is all I have left in here and I got our bedroom and your office done. I've been busy instead of talking," she turns around and winks at Sam.

          "Yeah yeah whatever," Sam laughs, sliding his hands on her sides. "I got my office done no thanks to you."

           "Oh wow," Leighton pushes him away smiling. "So we're gonna be like that huh? Okay, you're not getting any tonight," she walks away.

            "Wait I was gonna get some tonight?" Sam smirks watching her.

           "Was being the key word until you opened that mouth of yours," Leighton smiles walking back to the box to finish unpacking it.

           "Oh come on I was kidding," Sam pouts playfully.

           Leighton starts to hum, pretending not to hear Sam. Smirking, he takes another pull from his water before setting it down on the counter. He walks up behind her, playfully digging his fingers into her side tickling her. Of course, she thrashes around laughing.

           "Stop!" Leighton laughs, trying to push Sam away.

           "Nope," he says tickling her more before picking her up a little, tickling her. He now has her pinned against the counter and himself. Leighton smiles, sliding her hands up his chest and around his neck.

           Sam smiles leaning down and brushing his lips against Leighton's. Pulling her closer to him, he kisses her harder sliding his hands on her neck also. They begin to make out, at the moment as Sam lifts Leighton on the counter moving in between her legs.

           And that night they made love for the first time since moving into their new house.