Chapter 14: In Love With His Student

After getting a few things done at the University, Sam leaves to get a few errands done himself. Later that evening after purchasing a bottle of wine, Pinot Noir he makes his way to Leighton's. Pulling up to the house and getting out, walking to her front door, ringing the bell. He stands there holding the bottle of wine, lightly brushing at his clothes, wearing dark wash jeans, a blue button up denim shirt, and a tan sports coat, really hoping he didn't overdress. A few seconds later the door opens, holding back his mouth from dropping as Leighton stands in front of him, looking stunning. Standing in the doorway, wearing a black crew neck sweater, a sequined skirt, and nude heels, her hair curled, Leighton looks at him.

          "Well don't you look amazing," Sam smiles big, not being able to take his eyes off her.

          "Thank you, come in," stepping back to let him in, Brian McKnight lightly playing in the background, a few candles lit.

          "This all looks very nice."

          Shutting the door behind her, "Thank you, it's not too much?"

          "No not at all," he smiles, "this is for you," handing Leighton the bottle of Pinot Noir.

         "Well thank you," Leighton smiles, leading the way into the kitchen.

          "So what are we having?" Sam asks, checking Leighton out a little.

          Checking the food in the oven, then pouring each of them a glass and handing it to him, "We are having crispy oven roasted chicken with roasted garlic, pancetta, and rosemary."

          "She can cook, and she's very sexy," Sam smiles taking a sip of the wine, standing in front of her.

        "You probably say that to all your students," Leighton teases, winking at him.

         Taking one more sip, setting the glass down next to Leighton, "only the ones that I'm falling in love with."

          Leighton's eyes get a little wide, not expecting that, "you're...you're falling in love with me?"

          Nodding his head, sliding his hand along Leighton's cheek and slowly running his thumb over her cheekbone before slipping his hand further and into her hair. After a few lingering moments with their eyes, Sam makes a move. They begin to make out, bodies pressed against each other's as Sam lifts Leighton effortlessly and setting her on the counter. Sliding her hands on Sam's shoulders, slowly sliding his jacket off, lips still together, he begins to push her skirt up, kissing over her neck. Leighton giggles. The timer on the oven going off, indicating dinner is ready. Sam pulls away, taking the food out of the oven and setting it down to cool before moving back over to Leighton, leaning up and kissing her again.

          "How about we eat first you horndog?"

         "Fine, food first and did you really just call me that?"

         "What? Horndog?" Leighton smiles and gets off the counter fixing her skirt. "Yes, I did."

          "Alright then," Sam laughs, "it's been a while since I've been called that."

          Grabbing some plates, handing one to Sam they begin to dish up the food, generous portions on their plates. They walk to the dining room table, plate and glass of wine in hand.

          After dinner, Leighton stands up and picks up the dirty dishes as she begins to walk past Sam

          "Where are you going?" Sam asks, wrapping his arm around her waist.

         "I'm cleaning," Leighton laughs.

          "No," standing up taking the plates away from Leighton, "you cooked, I'll clean," kissing her before walking into the kitchen.

          "You do not have to do that you know," Leighton smiles, following him.

          "I want to," as he begins washing the dishes.

           "How was your family thing a couple of nights ago?"'

         "It was fine," nodding his head as he keeps washing.

          Moving toward Sam, moving in-between him and the sink, his arms on either side of her, she looks up smiling at him as they are pretty close to height with Leighton's heels on.

         "What are you doing?" he asks her, hands still in the soapy water.

        "Am I distracting you? In your way?"

        "No, not at all."

         Smirking, Leighton leans up and lightly kisses his neck. Sam keeps washing, pulling her lips away. She then looks down at her hands and unbuttoning the denim shirt. She opens his shirt, exposing his chest, leaning up and kissing him softly.

          The rest of the dishes neglected as Leighton and, Sam quickly find themselves in Leighton's bedroom, repeating that first night, now them both remembering instead of one person. 

         Laying in bed, both on their backs, Sam's one arm behind his head the other over his chest, Leighton's arm against Sam the other over her stomach, both of them out of breath, a little sweaty.

         "Let me say it again, wow," Leighton laughs.

          "Yes I know," he smiles kissing her forehead while pulling the covers up more around them.

          Turning to her side, resting her head on her hand, elbow on the bed as she beings to run her finger over Sam's chest not saying anything. Sam watches her, sliding his hand on top of hers as she kisses his shoulder. Grabbing her hand and kissing the palm before putting it back on his chest, Sam just watches her as he truly is falling in love with her.

         "So were you telling the truth?" Leighton asks.

         "Yeah of course," he just smiles, knowing he needs to tell Leighton about Blair, the wife.