Chapter 39: Eva's Back

Back in Iowa a couple of days later, Leighton is at the apartment getting some homework done before Sam's class in a couple of hours.

          "Hey I'm home," Eva says, walking through the front door.

          "Hey, it's about time my roommate comes home."

          "Well some of us don't like listening to you, and your boyfriend have sex all the time."

          "Touché," Leighton laughs, shutting her laptop. "Can you believe we are graduating soon?"

          "No, not at all."

          "I'll be glad when it's over. I'm kinda tired of hiding Sam and I's relationship."

          "So what's happening with you and him? Is he for sure moving with you?"

          "I think so," Leighton nods her head. "I think he's taking the positions at New Mexico. I think it's the real deal."

          "Leighton that's so exciting."

          "I know," she smiles. "I told Sam I wanted to marry him in the middle of a hardcore make out session."

          "Wow really?"

          "I just blurted it out."

          "Wow, so you proposed?"

          "I guess, yeah a little. I'm an idiot," Leighton laughs.

          "So are you two going to live together once you get moved down there?"

          "I think so. I've been looking at houses down there, and I have so much money saved from all three of my jobs. I don't want an apartment. I want a home. I want to buy my first house."

           "So you guys are gonna buy a house and get married? How domestic of you," Eva smiles.

          "Yeah I guess so," Leighton laughs running a hand through her hair. "Here let me show you," grabbing her laptop and showing the houses that she favorited, a lot of the homes close to the campus.

          "Well, you've gotten a head start."

          "Yeah, I haven't shown him yet."

           "You should."

           "I probably will," Leighton smiles. "He saw Mark when we were back in New Mexico."

          "Oh, why did you run into him or something?"

          "Umm, my mom invited him to Thanksgiving dinner."

          "Seriously?" Eva asks a little surprised, "why?"

          "Well they've always liked him, but still."

           "Yeah but it's still kind of weird."

           "Yeah well, are you ready for the devil himself's class? His godawful test we've been studying for weeks now is today," closing the laptop and grabbing her jacket.

           "Hey he's your boyfriend, just screw the answers out of him," Eva laughs.

           "Yeah let me do that in front of all of you," Leighton winks as they head out, making their way to campus.