Chapter 6: Date With Netflix

A couple more hours pass as Leighton is finishing up her shift, wiping down the bar. She can't help but smile, wondering if Sam is actually coming back.

          "Hey there," Leighton hears Sam's voice looking up and seeing him on the other side of the bar in front of her.

          "Hi," Leighton smiles.

          "You getting off now?"

          "Yep, let me get my jacket," Leighton says walking back to get her jacket and her stuff. "Ready?" coming out a few minutes later.

          "Yup let's go," Sam winks. They walk out of the bar and start walking down the street, his hand on the small of her back.

          "Where are we going?" Leighton laughs a little.

          "You hungry?"

          "No not really, I ate about an hour ago but I mean if you're hungry we can go somewhere," Leighton smiles.

           "No, do you wanna go to your place? Or we could go to a Honkey tonk if you want?" Sam asks winking at her.

          "Ha," hitting him in the chest, "um what about your place?"

          "I don't live that close to here," Sam lies. "We could get a room if you don't want to go to your place."

          "Where do you live?" Leighton presses.

          "About forty-five minutes away," he answers, pulling her closer to him.

          "Wow," Leighton exclaims, "umm we can go anywhere."

          "Will Eva be home?"

          "No, she works tonight, and I'm pretty sure she's going to Brad's after."

            "So we'll be alone?" Sam asks sliding his hand onto Leighton's cheek, his thumb running along her cheek.

          "Yeah," Leighton says a little nervous.

          Arriving at Leighton's place, Eva has gone as she said. Sam can sense the nervousness in Leighton. He walks over to her sliding his hand onto her hip.

          "Is something wrong?" pulling her closer.

          "No," shaking her head.

          Leaning in, Sam presses his lips to Leighton's, sliding his hands on her thighs, picking her up. Reacting, Leighton wraps her legs around his waist, giving more into the kiss. Setting her down on the kitchen counter, his lips on hers as he slides his hands under her shirt, kissing her neck.

          "Should we be doing this?" Leighton asks, biting her bottom lip.

          "Probably not but it doesn't mean I don't want to with every inch of me."

          "I want to too," Leighton says softly.

          "Maybe if we just slow down," Sam suggests, softly kissing her lips.

          "Okay."

          "Do you wanna watch a movie?" lightly kissing her forehead.

          "Umm yeah, I have Netflix, you can pick I'm going to go change," as Leighton walks to her room down the hallway.

          "Okay," says Sam walking to the couch, picking up the remote before sitting down.

          Coming out of her bedroom a few minutes later, wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, Leighton sees Sam sitting back on the couch, his phone in hand.

          "What did you pick?" running a hand through her hair.

          "Um, some chick flick you had on your list."

          "Don't knock the chick flicks," Leighton laughs sitting down beside him.

          "Just like a typical nurse," sliding his arm around her.

          Later in the evening, Leighton falls asleep against Sam, not meaning to--completely drained. Turning off the TV, then picking Leighton up carefully before taking her to her room. After laying her down on the bed, he pulls the covers over her just under her chin. Heading downstairs, Sam lays down on the couch, pulling a blanket on himself before falling asleep.