Chapter 15: Wake Up Call

The next morning Sam's phone keeps beeping, going off every minute. Groaning a little, Leighton cuddles up into Sam and buries her face in his neck.

          "Mm, what the hell? Sam..."

          Moving and grabbing his phone, answering the call, "Hello?" not looking at the caller ID.

          "Sam?!" he hears his wife frantically yelling in the phone, Leighton falling back asleep.

          "Hey," he says sitting up and moving to the edge of the bed.

          "Oh my god, where are you?"

          "Sorry I'm fine, I just fell asleep," Sam says taking a deep breath.

          "Where? Sam, why do you keep doing this? You scare me to death all the time."

          "I'm sorry, I'll be home soon," Sam says slowly standing up.

         "Okay, I love you."

          Getting up, Leighton passed out laying on her stomach, her arms under the pillow and the blanket barely covering her lower half, Sam leans down kissing her softly behind her ear.

          "Good morning," Sam whispers in Leighton's ear.

          "Mm, what time is it?" Leighton stirs a little, turning her head to look at Sam.

          "About seven, I have to go," leaning in and kissing over her back.

          Leighton smiles, feeling Sam's lips move along her back, sending goosebumps, "Who was that on that phone?" Leighton asks sleepily.

          "Nothing," leaning in and kissing her softly, "do you think we could have dinner again tomorrow and talk about something?" Sam asks.

          "I can't. I work tomorrow night."

           "Okay, maybe the day after then."

          "Okay," Leighton says softly. "Sam?"

          "Yeah?" he asks, pulling on his shirt.

          "I'm falling in love with you too," Leighton smiles sweetly at him.

           Sam smiles, very relieved to hear her say that since she didn't comment last night. "I want to be with you," he says with a massive grin on his face, kissing her.

          "You better get going," Leighton smiles, patting his chest. "I have to get ready for class anyway."

           "Yeah yeah I'll see you later."

          Arriving at his house knowing Blair is going to be pissed at him, he makes his way into the kitchen, Blair sitting at a barstool, drinking coffee and on her MacBook.

          "Hey," Sam starts.

           "Hi," Blair says softly looking up from her laptop.

          "Sorry I didn't call last night," he apologizes.

           "No its okay. I need to stop overreacting over the littlest things."

          "No you were right I'm sorry."

          Blair gets off the barstool, walking over to Sam and wrapping her arms around him, "I'm sorry, I love you."

          Sliding his arms around her, "No I'm sorry, I love you too."