Chapter 23: New Roommate

Walking past the couch the next morning, Eva just smirks, Leighton and Sam passed out. She fixes some coffee, still hoping and praying Leighton is doing the right thing. Leighton wakes up a few minutes later, looking around and seeing that she is still on the couch bed. She runs a hand through her hair smiling as she sees Sam passed out still, one hand on his chest and the other over his eyes. She wants to stay in bed but the sweet aroma of the freshly brewed coffee fills her nose. Groaning a little, she softly kisses Sam's cheek before climbing out of the bed and making her way into the kitchen. 

         "Morning," Leighton says quietly, running a hand through her hair as she leans up and grabs a mug out of the cabinet.

         "Morning," Eva returns the smile, taking a sip of her coffee.

          "Thanks for last night," Leighton smiles, pulling herself up on the counter, "listening to me," her feet dangling.

         "Anytime," Eva laughs. "You think you could get that guy of yours to cook us breakfast again? It was quite amazing last time."

         "I can try. Are you really hungry or can you wait a little while? I don't want to wake him up just yet."

          "Whenever you're ready."

         After an hour of talking and drinking and going through a whole pot of coffee between the two of them they both get up and peek their heads around the corner. Eva smiles a little as Sam is still laying on his back one arm over his chest and the other over his eyes.

         "I guess I will wake him up," Leighton smiles walking over to the couch. "Hey sleepyhead," Leighton sits down on the side of the bed in front of Sam's chest, running a hand through her hair.

         She feels him stretch a little reaching his arm over her and sliding his arm around her and pulling Leighton against him. "Mmm hi."

         "So Eva wants to know if you'll make us breakfast because apparently, your breakfast is better than mine."

         "Yeah sure," Sam says sitting up. "I suppose it's the least I could do."

         "Thank you," Leighton smiles kissing him on the forehead before standing back up and walking to the kitchen.

          Sam smiles, laying there for a few minutes before getting up and pulling his jeans and shirt back on before walking into the kitchen. When he walks in, Eva is sitting down at the island working on her homework, Leighton standing in front of the coffee maker pouring herself another cup. Sliding his hand on the small of her back, he reaches around Leighton to get a few cooking utensils.

         Leighton gets goosebumps when she feels his hand and also his chest pressed against her back. She can't help but smile when Sam kisses the top of her head before walking back to the stove. Leighton quickly looks over at Eva, a smirk on her face.

          "Thank you for making us breakfast," Leighton says, sliding on a barstool beside Eva. "Eva wanted to wake you up earlier but I told her we needed to let you sleep."

         "You let me stay here, you can wake me up whenever you want."

         "Hey Sam?" Leighton says.

         "Yes?"

         "You said that you have been sleeping at hotels and your office right?"

         "Oh yeah," looking over his shoulder, "it's really not a big deal."

         "Okay well Eva and I talked and if you're okay with living with two girls, we don't mind if you stay here till you can find something," Leighton suggests.

         "Are you sure? I don't want to intrude."

           "No it's okay, um there is one condition though," Leighton begins, "you have to pay at least some of the rent, is that okay?"

         "Yeah of course," Sam smiles a little.

         "Okay then," Leighton laughs. "I have extra room in my closet if you need to bring some things over and there's cabinet space in my bathroom unlike Eva's," winking at her.

           Giving Leighton a look, "yeah very funny."

         "Most of my stuff is in storage so I wouldn't have much," Sam laughs.

         "Well we have plenty of room," Leighton says taking a sip of her coffee. "My professor lives with me," she says softly.

         "Which is creepy," Eva adds.

         Leighton pushes Eva a little as the girls both giggle, Sam continuing to cook breakfast.