Doubting and confessing

Of all the seven months Dean had been dating his boyfriend Castiel, he hadn't once admitted his love to him. Sure he had showed Cas how much he loved him, but he never vocalized his feelings. Cas on the other hand had let it slip a few weeks ago when Dean had took him to the fair. Dean had been holding him on the fairis wheel when Cas  sighed contently and gently mumbled he loved  him. Instead of replying, Dean swept Cas into a passionate kiss that left no room for him to doubt that Dean didn't feel the same way.

In the time that had passed between now and then Dean had been tearing himself apart trying to find a way that he could finally admit that he loved Cas.  Since his childhood Dean had come to realize that love only destroyed and when you get attached the person has the power to destroy you.  With Cas though, Dean realized that he had to take a leap and let the dice fall. He already was in to attached and deep down Dean knows he loved Cas with everything he has. 

So it was a surprise when Dean and Cas were lying in bed after both had respectively long days at work, that he finally worked the courage up to whisper in Cas' ear that he loved him. 

The reason why Dean chose to say it then was because when Cas relaxed and the worry lines disappeared from his face, he looked downright angelic.  The soft light of the bedside lamp reflected off of his eyes and made them shine like pools of deep azure waters. The sight in itself took his breath away and left him speechless.  It was then and there that Dean felt like he could truly say he loved Cas.