Nine - "Is eating a talent?"

Unedited
Sorry about the inconvenience on the last chapter. It's all fixed up now. :)

Lily

"Good morning school. Due to an unexpected accident, there is a shortage of funds for the junior/senior class trip."

No no no this isn't happening.

"But do not worry. We will be having a last minute school talent show this Friday. Be there if you want this trip." The intercom switched off.

What kind of accident decreases funds for our class trip?

"This is totally amazing," Coco commented, "now I won't have to worry about sleeping in a dirty old tent in the middle of nowhere!" She smiled happily.

I rolled my eyes.

"Guys it's really not that bad." I tried to convince them again.

They just looked at me like I was nuts.

"Yeah for you, you're probably used to that kind of stuff." Coco scowled.

The way she said it made me a bit mad. It was as if she was insulting me.

"Well what are you suggesting Coco?" I snapped.

"Girls, girls relax. It's not that deep." Beverly broke us up.

Ever since the slime accident, she's been taking shots at me. It was starting to get on my nerves. I had a feeling she was responsible for the little slime surprise and locker art. She was probably just jealous that someone prettier and smarter than her had joined the group.

Yeah thanks to Beverly

Reminded my conscience, but I pushed it away.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and got up with Mr Blue Eyes leaving me with Beverly.

It was morning and we were standing by the lockers.

"So rumor has it my boyfriend took you home yesterday." Beverly's mood all of a sudden changed.

Uh oh.

I could feel the territorial vibes radiating from her. I knew from Vlad's party that she was territorial, but this was different. I felt like she would lash out like a cat any second.

"Uh, yeah. I was pretty shaken up after the accident and he came after me." I tried shifting the blame.

To be honest, who has time to think straight in that situation. And it's not like I kissed the guy!

"Oh, well I'm sorry about that. It must've been really gross." She scowled too and started walking towards her class.

I trailed behind her because we were going the same way. I was starting to feel really attacked. It's like no matter what I did to try and fit in with them, I just wasn't quite there yet.

Just then an idea popped into my head. I could change all of this on the class trip. I can gain their trust somehow, I don't know how yet, but I will soon.

Beverly didn't say anything else to me. I slipped into my maths class without saying bye.

When I got to my table, I got a text. It read, 'call me.'

At first I was confused. It was an unsaved number, but by the end of the class, I knew for sure it was Casey.

He didn't show up to school. I hoped he was alright. I decided that maybe it was time I took one of my music room time outs. When lunch came around, I grabbed some kit-kats and a Coke from the vending machine and made my way to my safe haven.