One - "Eat my heart out Casey"

Chapter one is dedicated to samstar62, LegitAshleigh and my best friend for being amazing people xx

Unedited x

Lily

Lunch was never something I enjoyed. I mean you walk into a room full of loud monkeys and queue up for about ten minutes just to get the most revolting pile of steaming crap put on your plate by a grumpy old lunch lady who hated her job and probably wished you'd all just die.

Yeah no, I think I'll pass.

I prefer getting a snack, or a few, from the vending machine and heading over to the music room. Not because I'm musical but just because this school is so full of nerds that the library is actually too packed to go and waste my life in. Nobody ever goes into the music room.

It's not that I don't have friends, I do! Well I have one okay. I was just unfortunate enough to get a different lunch period than him.

I don't even know if I could call him a friend. We basically met on the first day of school. His goal in life back then was to annoy the crap out of me. I guess you could say we just learnt to live with each other. The luckiest person in the world is exactly what you could never call me.

No seriously I wouldn't know luck if it shook my hand and introduced itself to me. I wouldn't know luck if it slapped me across the face and yelled "I'm luck!" I wouldn't know luck if it shoved its finger up...well you get the point.

I stared at the clock ticking away thinking 'only five more minutes before lunch' as Casey tapped my shoulder repeatedly without stopping. He didn't want anything, he just genuinely enjoyed being the most annoying person I knew and lo-lov-loved.

Phew, it was hard getting that out considering the fact that I wanted to rip his head off at the moment. Thankfully I'd learnt to conceal my irritation around him. It would only encourage him if I snapped.

'Three minutes' I thought.

The maths teacher took in our worksheets. I was finished a long time ago. Not because it was easy, just because I got a headache by the third question. Whoever invented maths must have had some really deep issues and wanted to torture us all.

Rrriiiinggg!!!

The loud bell that I normally would've cursed at for deafening me saved me from the torture that was sitting in front of Casey. He was one of the smarter kids so he had no trouble with the work, he'd much rather spend his time making sure I didn't get anything done. Not that I needed his help with that of course.

I turned around to glare at him and found him smiling innocently at me. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door.

"Miss Hastie, can I see you for a moment."

Mrs Veronica, our kind middle aged teacher said in her infamous Shakira sounding voice.

"Oh, looks like widdle Lily is in trouble." Casey teased.

"Shut up, don't you have a class to get to?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

Ours was a weird friendship.

He stuck his tongue out and left along with the rest of the class. I awkwardly shuffled towards Mrs Veronica's desk and smiled nervously.

"Miss Hastie-"

"Lily, it's Lily." I said trying not to sound rude, I just hated formalities.

"Very well Lily, sit down please. I know it's your lunch period and I apologize for intruding but I'd like to talk to you about something important regarding your grades." She said in a gentle tone.