Eight - "You're alright Curly."

Lily

'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.'

I read tbe over used quote on the inviting box of assorted chocolates that sat on the shelf. Mom and I were at the store buying some gear for the Lake District, since we'd already been there I knew what I needed. But mom insisted on us using the letter that was emailed to us.

"We have to make sure we get everything you need okay sweetie. I don't want to have to make two trips for this."

She did have a point.

I decided to take this opportunity to shop for some more makeup, nail polish and clothes to keep up with my new transition. People expected me to look good every day now, and you can't disappoint the people.

Mom says I'm turning into a but of a superstitious girl. She says this is not who I am, but what does she know?

The evening after that day, I sat in my room, freshly showered and stuffing my face thinking.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I couldn't help but think this as I munched on the box of chocolates I'd picked up at the store when I went shopping for the class trip with mom earlier. It was pure ecstasy having the sweet taste of coco in my mouth once again. I hadn't eaten nearly as much sugar since this whole makeover and it was serving as great comfort food.

My life grew legs of its own and was taking me in every sort of direction. Looking like this so wasn't as easy as I thought. I'd have to work off these extra calories that I was eating. It will be my first time actually voluntarily exercising.  according to Beverly's health videos, I was meant to be snacking on healthier things.

But I needed this, I needed it after what happened today.

When I walked into school in the morning, I was surprised to see everyone paying attention to me. I mean they started to do that after the makeover but there was something unsettling about this attention. Like everyone knew something that I didn't. Like they were waiting eagerly to see my reaction to this discovery.

I didn't miss a group of senior girls walk past me cackling loudly and pointing. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach and fear took over. This feeling was way worse than being invisible.

I walked to my locker and was absolutely shocked at what I saw on it. In big red letters written in sparkly red lipstick were the words....

'Fake! Wanna be. Ugly. Pig.'

I winced as the words caused me physical pain as well as breaking my heart. How could people be so cruel? I swallowed hard and blinked my tears away.

It seemed as if the world has stopped and everyone was watching. Whoever was responsible for this, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing me broken.

I opened my locker with a stony expression. My attempt at being strong and keeping my dignity quickly collapsed along with a bucket full of slime which fell from atop my locker.

I gasped as the wet and mucky green stuff poured down my hair and onto my clothes and bag. I wanted to be angry, I did. But I was too stuck in my thoughts on why anyone would do this to me and how I went from being invisible to public humiliation in front of the entire school.