Three - "I want to be popular!"

Chapter dedicated to WinterHues thanks for the love.

Lily

It was so much harder than usual to get up in the morning. I legit felt like crap. My tummy ached so bad and I just wanted to puke. Then it dawned on me that I was starting my period.

Lucky me...

I rushed to the bathroom and showered then looked through my toiletry bag for some tampons. After I got dressed I went downstairs to grab some cereal.

"Hey mom. Where's dad?"

I entered the kitchen and opened the cupboard that had all the cereals in it. I grabbed a small box of frosties and poured it in a bowl with milk.

"Oh his working hours changed so he decided to join the gym." Mom said joining me at the table with a half eaten apple in her hand.

I stifled a laugh.

"Dad and gym should never be in the same sentence." I said with a mouthful of cereal.

"Honey don't speak with your mouth full, and your dad is turning over a new leaf. I suggest you support him." She said.

My dad wasn't one of the healthiest guys around. He had a well rounded  balloon for a belly and he hated it. He'd always been too lazy to stop eating junk food though.

I panicked for a moment as I imagined myself at my dad's age with big fat belly, a chocolate bar in one hand and a donut in the other. My cats licking the donut crumbs off my clothes.

I shook my head violently. No! That was not going to happen.

"Well I'm glad he is. I'd hate it if he got sick." I said

My mom nodded.

"How's the tutoring going?" She asked

"Uh, it's actually going great. She's really good, I have my first test today since I started. I'm hoping I get at least a C+ so dad can give me my laptop." I said annoyed

"Well, good luck sweetheart I know you can do it." She kissed my forehead and left the room.

My phone beeped. It was a text from Casey.

"Get out!"

"Okay sheesh. Bye mom!" I yelled.

"Bye honey."

I opened the front door to find him dancing in the street. I laughed.

"What the hell are you doing? You're gonna get killed." I said standing on the sidewalk.

"Practicing my impressive moves for Beverly later." He tripped on his own feet and fell face first.

"Yeah, totally impressive." I said sarcastically and started walking.

He caught up to me and we walked side by side.

"I had a nightmare last night." I blurted out.

He looked at me for a while.

"The ones you were getting in freshman year?" He asked with a frown on his face.

"Nooo, no hell no!" I said

I used to watch a lot of scary movies when I was younger which resulted in some of the most terrifying, piss your pants dreams. Sometimes I would be too scared to go to bed just in case I got them.

"Then what? You dreamed all the chocolate in the world was finished." He started laughing and I glared at him.

"Don't say such a thing! You're breaking my heart." I pouted