"Yes alpha."

I packed a bag with some clothes in it, then shifted, I put the bag in my mouth and followed Violet.

We were deep into unfamiliar woods and way out of my land. When are we gonna get there Violet. Mack is out there!

Calm you tits, I'm concerned too, but it's harder to concentrate with you breathing down my neck.

Suddenly I stopped dead in my tracks, I smelt Mack. She seemed close, almost as if she was right on top of me. I shifted back to a human and put on a t shirt and gym shorts.

"Mackenzie?" I called out."It's Ryder, baby please answer me."

I felt a weight fall onto my back and I knew Mackenzie wasn't this heavy. I turned to see Cole right on top of my shoulders. He flipped off me, then coming face to face. His eyes glowing a bright red with shiny white fangs poking out from his mouth.

"Where's Mackenzie?" I growled. Shoving him backwards with so much force he ran into a tree.

"Safe and sound back at my castle. Without her scent I might add." Cole smirked. It took me a moment to realize what he meant. Why I was able to smell Mackenzie even if she wasn't there.

"How dare you!" I roared. I ran up to him and tackled him to the ground. Only he vanished out of my grasp. He punched me in the nose and I returned the favor with an uppercut to his jaw.

---

I wanted to stop them, try to stop the fighting but something was holding me back. Since Ryder was in his wolf form again he has a bigger advantage on Cole, but Mackenzie is still out their, and I don't intend on loosing my best friend today.

Mackenzie, I'm gonna need for you to describe exactly where you are. I'm gonna come find you.

What about Ryder? What happened to him? She asked, she seemed so scared and frightened.

He's just dueling it out with Cole, but if I can find you then we can go help him. Just explain your surroundings.

Okay, I am in a small clearing between three oak trees and one really tall one that I don't know the name of. I could make an ice barrier around me so you'd have an easier time. She explained.

Okay, I listen for you doing that and will follow you there.

Bring some clothes too, I'm in wolf form right now and don't have any spare clothes with me.

I grabbed some spandex, a sports bra, and a T-Shirt, then snuck away from the scene, everyone was still too focused on the fight.

Way off in the distance I could hear some ice mixing together. I picked up on her scent. I ran towards the smell and after a few minutes, sure enough there was a big circle of ice, right in the middle of of a clearing.

"Mackenzie. It's Piper, you can come out hon." I called out. The ice came down and Mackenzie was just there in her wolf form.

"Here's some clothes. We need to get back to Ryder ASAP." I handed her the clothes and she took them in her mouth and went behind a tree.

---

I put on the clothes, then followed Piper back to where Ryder was. Only to see him rolling around with Cole on his wolf back. I decided it was best not to shift so I controlled a water rope to rip Cole off of Ryder. I can't believe no one else was doing anything.

"Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" I screamed. Cole and Ryder both turning their heads.

"There you are sweetheart." Cole said, which, I cannot lie, made my heart skip a beat, but in the good way.

No don't listen to him Mack! He has you under a sire/love potion, if you listen you'll obey his every command. Ryder said through the mind link. I blocked out Cole but i needed to ask him a question.

"We're you the one who put wolfsbane in my drink? Or was it Hunter?" Cole looked at me kinda shocked that I would remember that.

"Why does it matter?" He asked. I threw a chunk of ice at him.

"Just tell me!" I yelled almost starting to tear up.

"Fine, it was Hunter, except I told him to put it in Ryder's drink but he screwed it up." Cole explained. Ryder was just standing there as I was talking to him.

"Bullshit. I know Hunter, I know how much he hates me for killing him. He'd obviously try to get back at me. I mean you should know that Hunter isn't stupid." Ryder had shifted back into a human then put on some shorts. I could tell he wanted to come comfort me but I gave him a look that said go back off.

"Mackenzie we need to go." He said. I looked over at Cole and he was fuming, if this were a cartoon there'd be smoke coming out his ears.

"Your not taking MY mate anywhere!" He growled.

"And who says I can't. She is my mate." Ryder growled.

"Then make a way for her to hate you." Cole said.

"How are you gonna do that?"

Cole super speeded up to my and sank his fangs into my neck. I screamed out in agony as the blood drained from my body. I heard Ryder screaming bloody murder and I saw Piper and Riley running up to Cole but as soon as my vision starting getting blurry the only thing clear was Cole.

I felt my heart stop and I felt a chill of coldness. My mouth was beginning to ache as if something was trying to get out. And my head was spinning. When Cole finally stopped feeding from me I knew that this was either the weirdest dream....

or I just became a vampire.

heyyyy babes! Okay so this chapter is short and don't hate me for the ending! I know you like Mackenzie and Ryder but I got this idea and went with it. So I hope you don't stop reading because of it because I've got good ideas. Also read my best friends book I love it! It's called The World Only We Know Make sure to hit that vote button and share this with your peeps! xoxo.

- Erin<3