8

"Hope turns into disappointment. Wish turns into despair. As love deepened, pain deepened more. Illusion or expectation that this time, it'll be different..."

~Finally- G-Dragon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Jimin's mom met up with them, she immediately went up to Taehyung and hugged him tight. Taehyung felt strange when she did. He'd expected her to yell at him, scold him for running away, but all he got was a hug. He wanted to hug her back, but ended up too scared to. She could still be mad.

"I thought you'd ran away for good..." He came out of the hug, holding Taehyung's shoulders and gently shaking him once. "Why did you do that, Taehyung? You scared me to death..."

"I..." Taehyung paused to lick his lips, looking away from her. What was he going to say? That he got upset because he wasn't crazy and she'd just assumed he did it, already apologizing for him? "I...I didn't push the rack over..."

The psychiatrist gave him a sympathetic look. The look only meant lies to Taehyung. "Jimin told me, it's alright." She slowly reached toward Taehyung, and he stared at her hand as it came to rest on top of his head, ruffling his hair.

I'm a pet again. Taehyung bit his lip. He wasn't sure what exactly she thought of him, but she kept treating him like she was afraid he would bite her. I don't bite, I don't even like fighting.

Jimin took the stuffed lion out of his arms and held it toward his mom, "Eomma, he wants this lion." Jimin said, giving Taehyung a smirk. It was plain that he thought it was childish.

His mom giggled. "After we go clothes shopping, okay?"

He was being spoken to like a child, a dog, like he needed to be pacified with nice words and promises. This won't ever change, will it? They'll always see me this way won't they? No matter what they say, everyone's hiding this fear of him, this wanting to not make him upset. Because he was a murderer, nothing but a murderer in their eyes.

Taehyung just nodded. Then Jimin's mom pulled him up to his feet.

After that, they went back to the men's department, though Taehyung didn't want to go back there because he knew that those girls were probably still around, and he didn't want to hear that word again.

But Jimin ended up getting him to look at everything, pointing at every even remotely interesting article of clothing, asking if he liked it, if he wanted it. Taehyung only said yes to simple things, the stuff with printed words or pictures or so much color didn't feel right, though he did actually like some of it, he'd rather be simple, just plain colors, simple things, nothing flashy.

Jimin pouted when Taehyung shook his head no to a pair of already ripped black jeans. "You're so boring, all you want is black and white things, and then everything is just--Ugh!" Jimin whined.

Taehyung thought of it for a moment. He was right. It was all boring, but he didn't feel right about anything else, or comfortable asking someone else to buy it for him. He wanted to stay with them, so he didn't want to be a burden. "I'm very sorry..." Taehyung said, quiet so just Jimin could hear and not his mom, who was looking through some things on a sale rack.

"Try it on then, just see what it looks like." Jimin grabbed a leather jacket, then a white tee-shirt that had a big, yellow, devious looking smiley face with the word, 'Wicked' written under it. "This too, come on, dude, I've got to live with you, at least have some sort of style, even if it's just the one outfit."

Taehyung looked at what Jimin was holding up over once or twice. It would be more normal if he dressed like that, he supposed, more like a teenager, more like a free person. "Okay..."