epilogue

Six years later

"Alyx," Michael singsonged, "wake up, baby,"

"No," I mumbled rolling myself over and burying my head further into my pillow and pulling the blankets over my head.

"C'mon, love," he said pulling the blankets away forcing me to glare at him causing him to chuckle. "I made breakfast."

"Fine," I grumbled trying to hide the slight smile that tried to make an appearance on my lips. Michael was always doing cute things like this for me. Ever since the day we got back together, he has tried so hard to remember all the details of our relationship, and for the most part, he's been able to remember everything with a little coaxing.

Over the course of a few years, my mom had finally warmed up to Michael, and I knew she actually liked him even if she wouldn't admit it. She had also allowed my dad back into my life, and him and Michael got along phenomenally.

After I had turned 18, I moved into Michael's house, and four years later, we were still going strong. Of course there were a few fights here and there, but nothing that couldn't be resolved and then having some fantastic sex afterwards was always a plus.

I slipped out from underneath the covers wearing only one of Michael's shirts and a pair of underwear and made my way to the kitchen where the delicious scent of waffles filled my nostrils.

I wrapped my arms around Michael from behind and leaned my head against his back pressing a small kiss to the middle.

"I love you," I murmured against him.

Michael turned around and placed a light kiss to my lips, "and I love you, my dear."

He guided me to the table where he had set out plates of mouth-watering food. The two of us ate in silence, and I could tell that there was something on his mind.

"What's wrong, Mikey?" I asked.

"Oh, um, nothing," he replied quickly shoveling a piece of waffle in his mouth. I just shook it off knowing that he'll tell me when he's ready.

"Alyx," Michael said standing up from the table and moving closer to me. "The last six years of my life have been nothing short of amazing. I know that we've had our differences, and I'm not always the easiest person to get along with, but I also know that I love you with every fiber of my being. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I couldn't thank you enough for believing in me." He got down on one knee. "You mean the absolutely world to me, baby, and it would mean the absolute world to me if you would do me the honor of spending the rest of your life with me. So, what I'm trying to say is, Alyx Grace Harper, would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" He opened a little black box presenting me with a gorgeous diamond ring. I covered my mouth in shock, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Yes," I frantically nodded before flinging my arms around my now fiancé and kissing him passionately on the lips.

Michael broke the kiss only to slip the ring on my finger and then lifted me up from the chair. I wrapped my legs around his waist kissing his neck as he moved us to the bedroom. You can guess what happened from there.

2 more years later

"I fucking hate you," I screamed, panting, and gripping Michael's hand tighter. I was surprised it wasn't broken yet.

The two of us were at the hospital about to have our first child, and it hurt so much.

"No, you don't, babe. You're almost done. You can do it," he encouraged.

Shortly after our daughter, Chloe Clifford, was born.

4 more years later

"Shh, you gotta be quiet, princess. We don't wanna wake mommy," Michael told a giggling Chloe. What they didn't know was that I was leaning against the entryway behind them just watching them interact. It was the cutest thing ever, and I couldn't wait to tell Michael the good news I had found out a few days earlier.

I stepped into the living room causing the pair to look up at me.

"Good morning, mommy!" Chloe called out while running over to hug me. I replied back to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She was honestly the cutest little girl ever.

"Why don't you go to your room and play with your toys?" I asked her. "Mommy needs to talk to daddy real quick." She said a short "okay" and went running off.

"What's up, love?" Michael asked wrapping his arms around my waist and planting a sweet kiss on my lips.

I bit my lip to cover my smile. "Well," I started. "You know how we've been talking about having another baby?" Michael nodded. "I'm pregnant," I smiled, a big, goofy grin appeared on Michael's face.

"Are you serious?" He shouted happily, and I couldn't contain my laughter.

"Yes," I nodded still laughing

"Oh my gosh! We're gonna have another baby!" Michael had such a soft spot for children. It was adorable.

Just as Michael was starting to calm down, the front door opened and in walked our three best friends with their families: Calum, Luke, and Ashton.

"Whoa, what's the excitement going on in here?" Ashton asked. 

"We're having another baby!" Michael shouted again getting himself all hyped up once more.

23 years later

"I can't believe it...my little girl's all grown up," Luke cried into Michael's shoulder.

"Oh, man up. Your daughter's only marrying my son," Michael rolled his eyes at the blonde boy. Despite the differences the boys shared in their teenage years, the two were now practically inseparable.

Michael's 23 year old son, Hayden, was then married to Luke's 21 year old daughter, Arabella.

10 years later

"We did it, Mikey," I said cuddling into my husband's tattooed arms. Even though they had faded, they still looked badass.

I looked around the room the room we were sitting in surrounded by nothing but the feeling of love.

Hayden and Arabella's three year old twins were playing on the floor with their Grandpa Luke, and his wife, Ali, was holding our newborn grandchild. It was a beautiful sight to see.

"Yes, we did, baby," Michael kissed the top of my head. "We proved all those fuckers wrong."

Everyone had always told me to stay away from Michael Clifford-- that he was bad news. But I didn't listen to them. And I was glad that I didn't. Because now I was married to the love of my life with five wonderful grandchildren-- three through Hayden and two through Chloe.

I couldn't be happier with the life I had.

"I love you."

"And I love you."

THE END