thirty three

The party was already in full swing once Calum and I arrived. Loud, mainstream pop music was pounding through the speakers and scantily clad girls were grinding on boys who held red cups filled with alcohol. In other words, it was a typical party.

As much as I wished to stay in my dark jeans and Green Day shirt, Calum made me change. So now, here I was in a short, tight black and white dress that barely covered my ass and a pair of black high heels. I also managed to class up my makeup by adding some winged eyeliner and putting my hair into soft curls. If I was being honest, I looked hot. And Calum seemed to think so too because his jaw dropped, and he mumbled something about Michael being an idiot for letting me go the second I walked out of my room.

"Do you want to get a drink now?" Calum asked over the loud music.

"Yes, please," I nodded and attached myself to Calum's side as we weaved through the throngs on people in search of the alcohol.

Soon enough, we found the kitchen and Calum poured the two of us a set of drinks. I didn't know what it was, but I couldn't care less.

Once Calum handed me the cup, I brought it to my lips and let the bitter liquid burn my throat. I scrunched my face, not used to the taste,  which caused a small chuckle to erupt from Calum. I tried not to make a face on the next sip and actually succeeded.

Pretty soon, I had an empty cup in my hand and was demanding that Calum give me more, to which he gladly obliged. The poison didn't burn anymore, but I was numb to the taste now.

A few drinks later and the alcohol was affecting my system the way I wanted it to. Sometime within the last half hour I had managed to lose Calum, but I didn't mind. I didn't need him to babysit me all night. He deserved to have some fun too.

So that's how I found myself grinding on some college-aged football player without a single thought of you-know-who coursing through my brain. It was something I was sure I would regret in the morning- that is, if I even remembered anything. But for now, I was focused on having some good, old, alcohol induced fun.

As I stumbled my way to find another a drink, I had lost count after seven, a seemingly familiar flash of red hair caught my eye. I couldn't place where I recognized it from, but I wasn't going to dwell on it anyways. I just wanted another drink even though I couldn't remember why I was even drinking in the first place.

Upon my arrival back at the kitchen, I tapped a sandy haired boy on the shoulder. The boy turned around and his deep blue eyes stared into mine.

"What can I do for a pretty girl such as yourself?" He asked with a devilish smirk.

"I want another drink," I giggled back.

The boy immediately went to work concocting some sort beverage before handing it to me.

"So what's a girl like you doing here all by yourself?" He asked, leaning against the granite counter.

"I came with my friend, but I don't know where he is," I shrugged. "What's your name? I'm Alyx."

"Well, Alyx, it's nice to meet you. I'm Blake," he offered his hand for me to shake, and I accepted.

There was no denying that this boy was a cutie. His tanned skin, blue eyes, light hair, and straight white teeth made him seem perfect. He probably had girls throwing themselves at him everywhere he went. And in my drunken state, I wasn't much of an exception.

"What do you say we head outside and talk? It's quieter out there," Blake suggested with his dazzling white grin. Something in brain screamed not to trust him, but in my delusional state of mind, I ignored that voice and followed him out.