three

Dinner at the Hemmings household consisted of only Liz, Luke, and I. I volunteered to help Liz cook, but she wouldn't allow it. Instead I sat awkwardly with Luke in the living room. We sat in silence for a few minutes trying to come up with something to talk about. Luke was the first speak. "So you like Blink-182?" He said glancing at my shirt.

"Oh yeah. They're one of my favorite bands. What about you?" I replied.

"They're one of my favorites too." He said with a smile. For the next half hour we talked about nothing except bands. We have so much in common. I thought to myself. I had been in Australia for barely a day, and I already had a crush on my next door neighbor.

"There's this concert thing at the park tomorrow...would you like to go with me?" Luke nervously asked.

Is he asking me out on date? I thought to myself. Whether it was meant to be a date or not, it was still better than sitting alone in my house all day. "Sure, I'd love to go." I said with a smile.

"Great," He smiled. "I'll pick you up at four?" He said shyly.

"Sounds perfect." I couldn't help but smile again.

At that moment, Liz interrupted our conversation to tell us that dinner was ready.

At dinner Liz asked me a bunch of questions about family, myself, and America since she had never been there before. I answered each question politely. But after a while, the jet lag started to set in. I thanked Liz for the lovely meal, excused myself, and walked back over to my own house.

There I quickly changed into a T-shirt and pajama shorts, brushed my teeth, and crawled into my big, new, comfortable bed. The second my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep.