six

I sat in the shade of a big tree reading a book. The weather was hot, but it wasn't an ungodly temperature. I had been reading for around 45 minutes or so when a shadow moved beside me. I ignored it, assuming it was just a bird or something. Just then, the book was ripped from my hands.

"Hey!" I shouted, looking up to see the culprit.

"The Fault in Our Stars? Really? Why do you read this garbage?" Michael mocked.

"Just give it back." I wasn't about to explain anything to him.

"Make me." Michael gave the same devilish smile that he had yesterday when we first met.

"Asshole." I stood up, not wanting to put up with his crap. I tried to grab my book back, but Michael grabbed my wrists, the book dropping to the ground.

"Fiesty. I like that." He smirked.

"Let me go."I said through gritted teeth.

"Whatever you say." He said releasing his grip on my wrists.

I stumbled backwards trying to retrieve my book. Michael took advantage of my off-balance state and pushed me against the tree that I had previously been sitting under, pinning his arms on both sides of me.

"Leave me alone." I spat out.

"Oh, come on, princess. Don't act like that." He said, coming dangerously close to my face.

I could feel my heartbeat speeding up at his sudden closeness. He lowered his head and lightly brushed his lips on my neck.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" I could feel him smirking.

I swallowed hard unable to come up with a coherent sentence. He laughed at my lack of a response then brought his eyes back to my face. It seemed as if he was studying my every feature.

"You're beautiful." He breathed softly. I smelled the scent of a cigarette that he had had earlier in the day on his breath.

"Th-Thank you." I stuttered unsure of how to react.

He moved his arms back to his sides and stepped back, allowing me to come away from the tree. I looked back up to him. He was tall, not quite as tall as Luke, but he was still tall. His eyes were a pale shade of green, and he had an eyebrow piercing. His dark eyelashes contrasted with the paleness of smooth skin. He was actually quite breathtaking.

"Staring now are we, Alyx?" He said giving a light laugh and an actual genuine smile. It wasn't his usual siganture smirk.

"Sorry." I muttered, looking away.

I could see him shake his head and laugh a little at my apology as he bent down to pick up my book.

"Here's your book back." Michael said, handing it to me. "I'll see you around."

"Bye." I said softly before he walked away.

As I sat back down to try and make sense out of what just happened, I noticed a small piece of paper sticking out of the pages of my book. I pulled it out and read what was scribbled on it:

Call me -M

His phone number was scrawled below the message.

I wasn't sure what to think of the whole incident. At first, Michael acted like a complete jerk, but then at the end, he seemed more genuine. And then there was the note. He had only been gone for a few minutes, but I felt myself wishing that he was still beside me. No. No. No. Stop it. You don't like him like that. You like Luke. Just stop it. I thought to myself.

As these thoughts swirled in my mind, Luke walked up and sat down beside me.

"Hey. How are you doing?" Luke smiled as he spoke.

"I'm good. I was just reading." I responded, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"What's that?" Luke indicated to the small piece of paper in my hand.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. It's just...it's just my bookmark." I said quickly.

"Is something wrong? You're acting kind of strange." Luke looked concerned.

"Uh, no I'm fine." I forced a smile.

"You sure?" He put his arm around me.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I rested my head on his shoulders.

I could see Michael in my peripheral vision. It almost looked like he was glaring at Luke. I tried to shake it off, but I could still feel his gaze like daggers shooting through me.

"Hey, Luke, can we go somewhere else?" I asked in a desperate attempt to get away from Michael.

"I actually have a meeting with someone. I'm really sorry, Alyx, but I have enough time to walk you home."

"Oh, okay. That's fine then. Let's go." I jumped to my feet and laced my fingers through his.

A/N

So you probably noticed that I changed Sierra's name to Alyx. Sorry if I confused you a little!