twenty six

"The park are you serious?" I laughed.

"What!? It's cute!" Michael pouted.

"Aw, you're cute when you pout," I took my free hand that wasn't entangled with Michael's and booped his nose.

Michael giggled, and I mean he actually giggled, but once he realized what he did, he covered his mouth and pointed at me. "That never happened." He said seriously.

"Okay, whatever, you say," I rolled my eyes and laughed.

Michael looked around the children's play area before locking his eyes on a certain structure and then turning to look at me while wiggling his eyebrows. "I'll race you to the swings!" He let go of my hand and immediately took off running. It took me a minute to process what was going on before I starting running after him. My short legs were no match compared his long ones causing me lose the race.

"Ha ha, beat ya!" Michael teased.

"Only because you cheated!" I stuck my tongue out of him in a childish manner. Michael rolled his eyes and took a seat on the swing closet to him and motioned for me to sit next to him.

The two of us pumped our legs trying to see who could go higher and argued who was winning. (It was definitely me, Michael's just a sore loser.)

"Jump on three!" Michael said after he realized he wasn't going to get higher than me.

"Okay. One." I said.

"Two."

"Three." We said in unison and flung our bodies away from the swings.

Neither of us stuck our landings and sat of the ground giggling like a pair of idiots. It really wasn't that funny but for whatever reason, we found it hilarious.

We laid on the ground for a few minutes to catch our breath when it suddenly it started to rain. That shouldn't have come as a surprise considering the dark clouds that had been lingering overhead since we arrived at the park.

"Alyx?" Michael rolled over so that he was nearly laying on top of me. "Will you do me the pleasure of dancing in the rain with me?"

I nodded my head and Michael helped me to stand up. I had secretly always wanted to do something like this. I always found it kind of romantic.

Michael brought my arms up so that I could wrap them behind his neck and then placed his hands of my hips. I leaned my head against his shoulder, and he softly started to sing into my ear. I recognized the song immediately.

I'm gonna pick up the pieces and build a Lego house

If things go wrong we can knock it down

My three words have two meanings but there's one thing on my mind

It's all for you

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm

If you're broken I will mend ya and keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on, now

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love

I'll pick you up when you're getting down

And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now

I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind

I'll do it all for you in time

And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now