twelve

At about six o'clock, there was a knock on the door. I grudgingly got up from my comfortable position on the couch and paused the show that I had been watching on Netflix.

I opened the door to reveal a nervous Luke. He was biting his lip (it was his nervous habit, but I found it extremely attractive.)

"Oh, hey." I was surprised to see him standing there. I hadn't been expecting any visitors tonight, so I had changed into a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt, took my makeup off, and put my hair in a really messy bun. I was feeling quite self conscious.

"I'm sorry. I know that I was supposed to call, but I wanted to tell you in person." Luke apologized. "But I did it. I broke up with Lydia."

"Oh, okay." I wasn't really sure how to respond. Was I supposed to say "oh that's good?" I didn't feel like that was completely appropriate, even though I was glad that he did.

"Will you give me another chance?" Luke blurted out. I could tell that he was becoming more anxious by the second. He was waiting for my answer, and I could understand what he was feeling. I was making him wait an awfully long time.

I took a deep breath, ready to give my answer. "Yes, Luke. I'll give you another chance." I let a goofy smile spread across my face.

Luke seemed really surprised by my answer because he started stuttering. He couldn't even complete a sentence. I just laughed at him and grabbed his hand. "Come in." I said, not giving him much of a choice because I was already pulling him towards the living room.

I pushed him down onto the couch and cuddled up beside him. Luke put his arm around me, and I sighed, enjoying the feeling. I started the show back up that I had been watching earlier, and the two of us sat in silence as we watched.

The show ended not long after we sat down. Instead of playing the next episode, I looked up at Luke. I still had one question.

"Luke?"

"What?" Luke looked down, smiling slightly.

"Why didn't you just tell me? About Lydia?" I was going to call her his girlfriend, but she wasn't technically his girlfriend anymore.

Luke looked away and sighed. I could tell that he didn't want to talk about her anymore tonight, but I was curious.

"I honestly don't know. I was hoping to end it before you found out, I guess." Luke somewhat answered the question. I decided not to pry anymore tonight, and enjoy his company instead.

For the rest of the night, we watched episodes of some random show on Netflix. I honestly don't even know what it's point was, but it made the two of us laugh because it was so corny.

"Alyx?" I heard Luke's voice say my name, waking me up from a sleep that I didn't even know I was in.

"Hm?" I mumbled, too tired to even open my eyes.

"It's really late. I should probably get home." You could hear the tiredness in Luke's voice as he spoke.

"Okay...goodnight." I was already drifting back to sleep.

Luke let out a sleepy laugh at my apparently amusing sleepiness. Or maybe it was because I looked cute when I was half asleep. I don't really know. Either way, he still laughed. "Goodnight, Alyx." He gently squeezed my hand and got up. The couch shifted from the lack of Luke's body, but I didn't notice too much. I just let the sleep consume the part of me that was still conscious.

A/N

Short chapter! Sorry!

Who do you ship?

Milyx? Or Lulyx?

I'm not good with ship names so if you have anything better, I'm open to suggestions.

Anyways, thanks for reading! I hope you like it so far! Comments are always appreciated!