Hospital.

Chapter 9:

Xaviera's POV:

"You barely ate anything, honey. You need to eat more for both of you, especially since this is breakfast, it's the most important meal of the day," Alice orders, giving me a concerned look.

"I know, I'm just not feeling that hungry, I'm nervous about school," I explain, moving my breakfast around on my plate.

"I'm sure Ofelia can run in and get you a jumper to cover you. You really don't have to go into today, you know, we can stay home and relax. You've been under a lot of stress, you deserve it," Hayden proposes. Since I didn't pack properly last night, I forgot to pack clothes that would hide my belly.

"It's okay, I'll show it and I'm definitely going in. My parents know now, so I might as well just let everyone else know too," I decide. I'll probably regret this after today. Maybe I should get Ofelia to bring a jumper just in case.

"I'm very proud of you; you're being really strong about this. Just please try not to get too upset about mean comments people might say, they're not true at all," Alice tells me in an assuring tone, stroking my hand.

"Thank you so much," I say truthfully. They've all done so much for me and I'm really grateful for them.

"I'll make sure no one upsets her," Hayden tells us in a slight angry voice.

"Hayden, no fighting, I don't want you in trouble with the school again," Nathan warns him.

"Yeah, yeah," Hayden mumbles, shrugging.

"I mean it, no fighting," Nathan bosses and Hayden nods in reply but it didn't look too convincing. I start to get up and throw away my leftover food but Alice speaks up.

"Honey, I know you don't feel like eating but aren't you starving?" she worries.

"Yeah, you got sick last night, so you must be hungry," Hayden adds.

"Not really. I'll have something in school," I promise but that doesn't stop Alice giving me her worried stare.

"Don't worry, Mum, I'll make sure that she does," Hayden reassures and she gives me a slight smile. It's really nice how they care for me and the baby, I'm so glad that they're the grandparents, I just wish that my parents were the same. "We'll see you after school, enjoy work." Hayden gives his mum a kiss on the top of her head and grabs his bag.

"Good luck at school, call if you need to talk about anything during the day or want to go home, I'll be there in a flash," Alice informs.

"Thank you, I will if I need to," I answer, giving both his parents quick hugs. Alice gives my belly a tiny rub as we pull back and we both smile to each other. They offer us another goodbye and Hayden takes my hand when we leave the house. It takes me by surprise but I'm not complaining at all because it's nice to feel the tingles from his touch. Just as we're getting in the car, Andrew and Ofelia exit my house and notice me. They rush over to me and Ofelia throws her arms over me.

"We're so sorry, Zavy," Ofelia sympathises softly, hugging me tightly.

"At least you had somewhere to stay," Andrew says, glancing at Hayden, whose hand they caught me holding. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, guys, don't be worried. Are they still really mad?" I ask, not sure if I want to hear the answer yet.

"A tiny bit but they're more worried and upset than mad, they thought that you'd come home. You didn't answer my calls or texts; I was so worried about you!" Ofelia gives out, finally pulling apart the long hug. Andrew gives me one this time and squeezes me tightly.