Chapter 63 : Beloved

Start from the beginning

"Jesus! Fu...mmm" I gasped out. I wanted to swear so bad but I couldn't even finish it. I clearly can't handle it anymore.

Another wave of contraction hit and I just whimpered pityingly on the table.

"Come on Honey. Give me the push you promised. You can do it." The doctor's voice echoed in my ears again.

I took a deep breath and tried to push but the next wave was too much too handle. "FUCK!!" I screamed out.

Then I felt someone kiss my cheek. I glanced and realized Nic was there.

"Nicholas.." I whimpered wanting comfort.

"Shhh. Come on, Kris. Deep breaths like we practiced. You can do it." He smiled, and he was so blurry because my tears and my sweat where just all over the place.

I shook my head. He nodded and slowly took my right hand that was clutching the sheets.

"Just try again okay? Hold on to me." He kissed my knuckles reassuringly.

Just then another contraction hit and I grasped his hand as I straightened up and pushed with all the energy left.

"Great job Honey, the baby's almost there! Just another big push please." The doctor shouted between my legs. I was exhausted but I know everyone's there to cheer me on.

I pushed and pushed again and finally felt the sudden loosening after it.

"Great job Kristen!" The doctor shouted as a loud cry was heard.

I glanced back and saw Nic's wide grin. I smiled with relief. I closed my eyes but then I felt the soft pressure of his lips on mine. I was surprised but it felt too good for me to be bothered. "Wake up Hon, don't you want to see him first?"

"Him?" I asked. He's a boy.

He grinned. "Yes it's a baby boy."

I smiled as I felt a soft weight on my chest. I glanced down to see him for the first time, and then I fell hard.

***************************

"I called your parents. They're coming as soon as they can." Nic told me as he straightened my pillow.

I nodded sleepily on my hospital bed.

"You're exhausted. I hope it's okay, but I told your friends to come tomorrow instead." He continued as I nodded again. I hear a soft laugh, "go to sleep, Kris. You need it."

I shook my head and glanced to where he was sitting on the couch with his coffee. "I want to wait for him."

He smiled. "I'll wake you up when the nurse brings him back after his test"

I patted the space beside me on the bed indicating him to come. He stood up and set aside his coffee then slowly sat beside me.

I straightened up so I can lean on his shoulders as he wrapped his other arm around me. We rarely do this but sometimes I can't help but feel so right.

Contrary to what everyone thinks. Nic and I aren't dating. I don't know what to call us. Roomies? Parent roomies? We don't even share the same room ever since he decided to move in with me. The premise is him wanting to keep a close eye on both of us.

Funny how it worked out really well. I can't help but be reminded of different times with someone else, but no, Nic is Nic. He's there but my world doesn't revolve around him.
He has his own thing, I have my own thing occupying my attention. It was a good arrangement. The Press aren't bothering us that much anymore also, which was delightful.