Part 23 - Making and Breaking Friendships

"Who do we contact?"

"I dunno man, her phone has a passcode" a deeper voice replied

"This was stupid, why did we bring her here?"

My eyes flutter open at that moment and I say one sentence.

"Well, it kinda was stupid" I say, grabbing their attention. I feel their stares as I sit up on the bed, which was located in a small hotel room. It seemed almost as if I was 21 again, living in America.

"Hey Rhett, hey Link" I break the silence and give them both a small effortless wave, looking at the two terrified figures.

"Uh, hey..." The shorter one said.

"How are you feeling?" Rhett asked nervously.

"Mentally, I'm scared and excited but physically, I feel like I was just hit in the face with a ton of emotional bricks, the crazy type." I say with sarcasm, probably not helping my side of the story.

"What's your name?" Link says.

"I thought I already told you, before I blacked out"

"We didn't hear you properly since you were slurring your words a lot"

"Oh..." I say getting a bit embarrassed "Well, my name is Jennifer, but you can call me Jenny"

The duo don't respond but they sit down at the foot of the bed, waiting for me to continue.

"You want to know everything, don't you?"

They both nod in agreement, hungrily waiting for the truth.

"My name is Jennifer but my nickname is Jenny. Nobody calls me that anyway, I hate the name because this nice dude used to call me that when I lived in America. That was before I left,"

I try to hold in a chuckle as I go on and on, rambling about how I got here, how old I was and skittle milk. I never once mentioned their names, putting the two in suspense, waiting for the inevitable to happen.

"That's quite some story you got there Jenny," Rhett begins "but do you recall what the two nice men's names were?" He says in anticipation.

"Uhh, I think it was Rhonk and Lonk, something like that" I said with a snicker. I loved messing with these two, it was always so funny

"Do you mean Rhett and Link?" The dark haired boy continues.

"Yeah, maybe, probably not" I say sarcastically.

"Hi Jenny!" he says again, with a extremely wide smile, showing off his perfect teeth.

"Nah man, it can't be!" His friend gives him a light nudge, holding back a broad smile.

"Oh yes it can be," I said with a smirk, "But I have one question, what were you doing in Aldi's?"

"Checking out the Australian culture, that was before we got bombarded with fans" Link says with a chuckle

"Well, if you hadn't guessed, I had been doing my shopping"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure"

"Why did you leave America?" Link asks.

"I wanted to start a new life and forget the past, which I can't really escape now since I've found you guys again..."

"You don't understand how long we've been waiting for this moment" Link says whilst turning to his taller friend, making the bed wiggle slightly.

"Well, I didn't really plan it out to happen like it did, but yeah, you could say I have been too" I reply with a smile.