Part 12 - A Plane Trip To a Very Far Away Place

Everybody stepped off the bus and piled their way into the ginormous building. I also entered and went to the counter. I was greeted by another older man who almost looked identical to my neighbour from the trip.

"Welcome to North Carolina Airport, where is your destination?"

"Australia, please"

"Is there anywhere in mind you wish to stay at?"

"Uhh, no, just somewhere along the coast"

"There is a flight in 30 minutes to Brisbane, if you hurry you could make it"

"That'll be perfect" I say with a grin on my face, trying to hide my true emotions.

"Okay, that will come to $675 dollars, do you have any extra luggage or wish to go to first class?"

"No, I just have a backpack and suitcase" I reach over to my purple and black bag and take out some cash. I quickly count to the desired amount.

"Here" I say as I push the cash towards the man.

"Your flight is at Gate 37, International section" is all he replies with before I snatch the ticket out of his shaky hands, spin around and run.

I sprint all the way there and see that people have started lining up.
I take my place and wait for a while, listening to some more music.
A few minutes passed before we all started making our way through the entrance. Everybody handed their tickets to the Register Lady who told people their seat numbers.

It was my turn.
I handed her the small piece of paper and replied with out looking at me.

"A083"

A083

A083

A083

I made my way into the large plane and quickly found my seat, which was luckily beside the window. I sat down and re-plugged in my head phones, waiting for my neighbour to arrive, which they never did. I was glad that nobody sat next to me, it meant that nobody could see me cry.

I was leaving my home town forever. The small place where I laughed, cried and was born.

I couldn't help myself but nobody disturbed me, it was nice finally being by myself.

"Welcome to Qantas Airlines, please buckle your seat belt and enjoy the ride, we will arrive at Brisbane, Australia in 14 hours. Please take a moment to listen to our staff members who will tell you all the emergency protocols and instructions. Thank you!" Spoke an adult man over the intercom.

I sat back and completely ignored the young perky woman at the front who was talking to everybody like they were children. I instead though about how different my life will be and what I was going to do as a career.

I never though I would leave Buies Creek. Ever.

A/N:
Hello Lovelies!
I wasn't able to upload last night because I was celebrating my friends Birthday but please forgive me, if you can... (Might be writing part 2 to Winner winner, chicken dinner. Thinking about it...)

Question: Are you Okay?
We regularly have a National Are You Okay day in Australia, so, are you Okay? I think I'm doing pretty alright!

Toodles,
WriteTillWeDie!